Sicaran battle tank scheme

leonhart040

Hi! I'm getting a Sicaran battle tank next week and I want to start a new way of painting my space marines vehicles. I want to paint (and repaint in some cases) all my vehicles with a standard/neutral color scheme, made of dark greys and black, and for this I'm searching scifi tanks images. The base color I want to use is Mechanicus Standard Grey from GW, in spray (I don't have an airbrush), but I'm not sure if it won't be darker enough for a basecoat. I mean, all the tanks I've seen have a darker grey as base color, maybe glazing it with diluted black ink would darken it. What do you think?

Also, I wanted to try two different things: paint the tank tracks as if they were covered with rubber and true metal for the gun barrels. For the first part I need some really matt black, Vallejo (for example) has something similar? About the metal, I wanted to try the true metal from AK, has anyone used it? Is it really that different from a metallic paint?

Thanks to all.

The true metals I saw on youtube from AK interactive were buffable. You sprayed them on and when they dried you could buff them with a soft cloth and they look like honest to goodness aluminum. Testors has a line of these as well. 

Archived