2,500Pt Crimson Path List

God-Potato of Mankind

Hello fellow blood-mad fraters, I am trying to build up a list with "what I got" to take advantage of my current roster of World Eaters, so I can reliable run them by themselves without needing Auxilia allies.

So I have crafted the below:

HQ:

Gahlan Surlak

Chaplain, artificer & hammer

Angron, Crimson Path RoW

Troops:

15 Inductii, fist & artificer champion

15 Despoilers, fist & artificer champion

Elites:

Apothecary, artificer & power sword

2x Cortus babby-temptors with Kheres

Heavy

10 Volkite Culverins, augury scanner & artificer champion 

2x Spartans with pimp-shields

I think it is reasonable, but I usually run double Vanquishers in the ally slot; which makes me worry about AV. The only AV I have in this list is the quad-las batteries on the Spartans and Angron's axes. I'm hoping with two Spartans I can get Angron into axe range, but I feel like I get more versatility with Auxilia for heavy armour support. 

I can swap the Heavy Support (heavy anti-infantry) for an Aiolos Deredeo and this would also leave me with the points for a trio of Laser Destroyer Rapiers to buff out my lack of AV. I thought this might be a good plan, but requires me to purchase 3 laser rapiers!

C&C welcome, I eventually want to get a trio of dreadclaws so I can deliver the combi-plas Cataphractii I have all ready but with no transport (inductii in Spartans>Terminators in Terminators.)

The one small weak point is what you've already mentioned in the anti-tank.

Volkite heavy support is super entertaining, but it's really just more of what you already have in the inductii, dreads and despoilers. I'd drop them and look at something like a Sicaran Venator or the laser rapiers you mentioned. Maybe a middle ground of laser Vindicators?

The one small weak point is what you've already mentioned in the anti-tank.

Volkite heavy support is super entertaining, but it's really just more of what you already have in the inductii, dreads and despoilers. I'd drop them and look at something like a Sicaran Venator or the laser rapiers you mentioned. Maybe a middle ground of laser Vindicators?

Hmm yes, I agree. I feel like painting up the culverins as World Eaters has wasted that kit! Alas, my poor Sallies could have used them I'm sure. 

I liked the Rapiers as the Spartans take up 2/3 heavy slots, so I've got to be picky on that third one, but it looks like a Sicaran Venator & three rapiers fits! Excellent.

I'm a little bit of a broken record with that one, but Sicaran Venators are just such great tools to have in the toolbox. Especially at 2k and above where you're likely to see enemy super heavies.

Typhons, Stormlords/Swords/Blades, and even Titans are far less scary when you jank their electronics up and force em to snap shoot.

Archived