Draks deathwatch

drakheart

Hi guys, been lurking on these forums for quite a while, so thought it was probably time to start a blog for the projects I’m working on. Blogging my progress will hopefully drive me to get stuff done as well hopefully getting a few helpful comments from you all.

I’ve just moved home and now have a nice large study to myself, decked out to my specs after sharing a smaller space with the wife for the last 18 months, which meant having to pack everything away between modelling/painting sessions. I can now leave stuff out saving a bit and shouldn’t get nagged as much (hopefully) about the mess.

First off I should say I’m not a gamer, I don’t have the time now to play table top wargames, so I just collect model and paint, which to be honest is the part I enjoyed the most anyway. This also means how I assemble and paint my miniatures are no constrained by the rules giving more freedom, but also hopefully more originality.

I currently have Tau, Dark Angel, Eldar, Grey Knight and Space marine (my homespun Sons of Khan chapter) armies on the go and with the exception of the grey knights, all with a lot of models requiring paint. With this in mind I couldn’t help myself when the Deathwatch were released at the same time as my house move, so as soon as I was set up a large order was placed consisting of:

Death Masque

Killteam Cassius

Deatwatch rhino/razorback

Corvus Blackstar

Deathwatch master

Deathwatch Librarian in Terminator armour

Deathwatch chaplain

To these I also added all the Blood Angels from the Shield of Baal set converted to appear from other chapters as well as a couple of marine bikes and a few marines and terminators that were added after raiding my bits box. The result is what you can see on my desk below, assembled, but before any basing/priming.

Razorback with FW additions:

Shield of Baal captain converted with Guardain spear and melta fist:

Blackstar next to unfinished IG patrol boat project:

Venerable dread 1:

Venerable Dread 2:

I hope to have a progress update soon with some painting done, but tonight I’m going to carry on assembling the death masque harlequins, to just get a few more sprues out of the way. Comments/critiques welcome. Elite.gif

Archived