noobie needs help - Emperor's children - 2500

ThatMetalhead

So... At home i have 1 complete set of B@C (not even unboxed) and 1 not complete B@C with: contemptor with kheres, 1 hero in cataphractii with combi-bolter and chainfist, 1 hero in pa with jump pack, power sword and plasma pistol, 5-men support squad with meltaguns, 25 tactical marines (3 are sergeants, 2 power fist, 1 lighting claw) and 5 cataphractii termies with 2 chainfists, 1 power fist, 1 pair of claws and 1 power sword.

What can i do with this base? I'm looking for a fluffy but competitive (-ish?) army list.

Thanks to you all!

So, keep in mind that I have no experience with what might be competitive, but I figured I'd take a shot at what I'd build using your existing army as a base. All you'd need to pick up would be the transports, the flier, and the jump packs for the assaults since you should just be able to plug them onto the Calth marines you haven't put together yet. I don't think there's anywhere to reliably grab the spears yet, but they'll hopefully be coming out with them as stand alone kits soon-ish.

+++ EC 2500 (2498pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (2498pts) ++

+ HQ (812pts) +

Legion Centurion (147pts) [Artificer Armour, Bolter, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Refractor Field, Sonic Shrieker]
····Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]
····May be upgraded to one of these Consul roles: [Legion Champion]

Legion Praetor (665pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Digital Lasers, Paragon Blade, Sonic Shrieker]
····Legion Terminator Command Squad [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Chainfist, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Pair of Lightning Claws, Power Fist]
········Legion Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Frag Assault Launchers, Hunter-killer Missile, Twin-Linked Bolter, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon]
········Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]
····Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (1256pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (361pts) [Combat Shields, 15x Legion Assault Space Marines, 3x Power Weapon]
····Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (300pts) [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Bombs, 2x Melta Gun]
····Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Dozer Blade, Hunter-Killer Missile, Twin-Linked Bolter]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (300pts) [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Bombs, 2x Melta Gun]
····Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Dozer Blade, Hunter-Killer Missile, Twin-Linked Bolter]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (295pts) [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Bombs, 2x Melta Gun]
····Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Bolter]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Lightning Claw]

+ Elites (180pts) +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

+ Fast Attack (250pts) +

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (250pts) [battle Servitor Control, Ground-tracking Auguries, Twin-linked Autocannon, 2x Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [iII: Emperor's Children, Traitor]

Veterans are great and well worth their pts cost, however you probably wouldn't want to configure them all the same, and any melta armed veteran units definetly need the machine killers specialization. Other good configurations are marksmen vets with your choice of special weapon-plasma guns and heavy flamers are my particular favorites. You could also run an assault oriented unit with the weapon masters specialization and a few power weapons, which works especially well for EC since they get bonuses to assaults. Rhino isn't the best transport for an assault unit though, a dreadclaw drop pod or a land raider would be better. 

Archived