2500 Points Sons of Horus Drop Pod list

chosen40k

Hey there! Looking to start a new Traitor Legion to go with my Ultras. Decided upon Sons of Horus and wanted to build an "edge of the spear" style Drop Pod Assault list lead by the Warmaster himself. Here is what I came up with and here are the main concerns.

-What to arm the Tartaros? Dreadclaw + LCs or should I just go teleport plus combi-weapons to keep it cheaper?

-Too much Justaerin or just enough?

+++ New Roster (2496pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (2496pts) ++

+ HQ (60pts) +

Legion Centurion (60pts) [Combi-Weapon, Power Armour]

+ Troops (1471pts) +

Justaerin Terminator Squad (591pts) [2x Chainfist, 8x Combi-Weapon, 2x Heavy Flamer, 10x Justaerin Terminators, 8x Power Fist]

Legion Terminator Squad (370pts) [Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, 4x Legion Terminators, 4x Pair of Lightning Claws, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]
····Legion Terminator Sergeant [Chainfist, Grenade Harness]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (255pts) [2x Combi-weapon, Legion Drop Pod, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Machine Killers, 2x Melta Gun]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Combi-weapon]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (255pts) [2x Combi-weapon, Legion Drop Pod, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Marksmen, 2x Melta Gun]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Combi-weapon]

+ Elites (275pts) +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon (275pts)
····Cortus Dreadnought [Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked bolter, Extra Armour, 2x Heavy Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (190pts) +

Legion Seeker Squad (190pts) [Legion Drop Pod, 4x Legion Seeker Space Marines]
····Legion Strike Leader [Power Armour]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor, XVI: Sons of Horus]

+ Lord of War (500pts) +

Horus the Warmaster (500pts) [Primarch]
····Master of the Legion [Orbital Assault]

I'd switch the justarians heavy flamers to a weapon that compliments the combi weapons - plasma or melta (with Horus' rules 'gets hot' is less of an issue with plasma/ plasma blasters but meltas have the advantage of 'instant death' against similar Death Star sqds and can deal with heavy armour).

I think just 5 seekers (without upgrades) add little value - perhaps a tactical support sqd (cheap with ccw & volkite chargers or find points and give them melta/ plasma guns) would be better?

I'd try to get a chain fist on the Cortus for extra bunch against heavy armour

I'd keep it with the lightning claws on the terminators - keep them safe in the dreadclaw then butcher 3+ enemy units on the charge!

I'd switch the justarians heavy flamers to a weapon that compliments the combi weapons - plasma or melta (with Horus' rules 'gets hot' is less of an issue with plasma/ plasma blasters but meltas have the advantage of 'instant death' against similar Death Star sqds and can deal with heavy armour).

I think just 5 seekers (without upgrades) add little value - perhaps a tactical support sqd (cheap with ccw & volkite chargers or find points and give them melta/ plasma guns) would be better?

I'd try to get a chain fist on the Cortus for extra bunch against heavy armour

I'd keep it with the lightning claws on the terminators - keep them safe in the dreadclaw then butcher 3+ enemy units on the charge!

Very good points! Thanks for the advice.

Archived