MiRu daubs =][= A painting diary

Miru

Brothers,

In the absence of a better Thread known to me, I allow myself to collect my painted miniatures, with an ocassional comment or remark, in this thread.

C&C is always Welcomr, for the hobby aspect takes up 99.5% of my Warhammer- experience and I strife to get better in this.

I am a terribly slow painter, yet shortly discovered the "finished, not perfect" maxim for me. Since I am in this hobby for 6 months now I lready finished some minis, which I either keep in my gallery (link in Sig.) or just summ up in here. I don't know yet.

My Vehicles so far:

A 40k Rhino and a 30k Rhino, Daimos Pattern

40k Rhino

40k Rhino

40k Whirlwind

30k Daimos Rhino

30k Daimos Rhino

30k Daimos Rhino

30k Daimos Rhino

Thunderwolf Cavalry:
still without finished Base, though...

Thunderwolf Cav

Wolf Guard Battle Leader:
(The first mini I ever build. Not having a clue about heraldry and symbols, I took everything out of the "Start Collecting Space Wolfes" Box, that i considered to look cool... When I learned all the fluff, I felt the need to to justify him, so he, again, became the first mini I came up with fluff ( in the spoiler) for.

Njörðr Tveirsál quickly rose through the ranks of the Space Wolfs. His instructor knew early on that this blood claw was "different". Where the other recruits assailed by brute force and gross savagery on the enemies Njörðr foght efficient and controlled. The Rune Priests knew him as an exceptionally inquisitive and receptive pupil and hoped to forge him into a priest himself. However, his interst was knowledge and knowledge alone. As Gray Hunter he volunteered to serve the wolf blades of the house Bellisarius on Terra. Here the young Wolf learned a lot about the intrigue and political machinations of the powerful houses, but discovered his love for the elegance and the display of pomp and status, as it is common on this holly world. After returning to Fenris, Njödr was changed. He replaced his Axe with an energy sword, his fighting style efficient and elegant. His armor, free of fetishes and talismans, always polished and hung only with the badges of honor, earned on Terra. The wild mane and beard, cut short, worn inthe style of Terra. In the Met-Halls his brothers joke about "Njörðr with the two souls" who wants to be a high Lord of Terra. Only ... in the Met-halls, for no one dared to meet the anger or blade of the honorable Wolf Guard. In the battlefield they admire his sharp analysis skills and unconventional warfare. He had the opportunity, but contrary to the banter of his brothers, it attracts njörðr not to rise to the rank of Wolf Lord. He appreciates and respects his Lord, Ragnar Blackmane, whose career he has studied, whom he admires, whom he swore to protect.

Starter Box: Wolf Guard Battle Leader

Long Fangs:

Long Fang

Long Fang

Long Fang

Betrayal at Calth, Contemptor

Betrayal at Calth: Dreadnought

Betrayal at Calth, Space Wolfes Chaplain... whait.. What?!

Same story as with Njörðr. This was actually my first fully painted Space marine Miniature... and I had no clue, that the Space Wolfes do not employ classical Chaplains... Well... rolleyes.gif Of all my painted minis, he is still my favorite paintjob.

Betrayal at Calth: ...well... Wolf priest.. I guess

Anyway, I will track my progress and cry for help from time to time :-)

KR

Mike

Looking pretty good, brother, especially those Rhinos. My critique, given the weathering and the use of more advanced techniques, is the flatness of the yellow in places. Whether this is because it genuinely is flat, the camera didn't pick up any differing shades or just the lack of weathering on those parts, I don't know. But, with a little attention to these bits might make some pretty good paint jobs turn into fantastic ones. You do get bonus points for writing squiggles on the purity seals, though. :tu:

Olis, on 28 Oct 2016 - 7:52 PM, said:

(...) the flatness of the yellow in places (...)

Do you mean in the vehicles? There are some Weathering effects there, no? 

If you mean shading and highlighting... Yeah.. I could have done better there.

Will keep thet in mind. Cheers :-)

Here comes another Update:

Starter Box's Grey Hunters with Wolf Guard Battle Leader:

http://666kb.com/i/ddn7wlttl12leslxc.jpg

Starter Box's Blood Claws with Champion:

"Any resemblance to He-Man, the Master of the Universe, is purely coincidental"

http://666kb.com/i/ddn7wn2q4vqogcwlc.jpg

Starter Box's Thunderwolf Cavalry:

http://666kb.com/i/ddn7wkp50fjlifuv4.jpg

Olis, on 28 Oct 2016 - 7:52 PM, said:

(...) the flatness of the yellow in places (...)

Do you mean in the vehicles? There are some Weathering effects there, no? 

If you mean shading and highlighting... Yeah.. I could have done better there.

Will keep thet in mind. Cheers :-)

My apologies, brother, I wasn't clear - perhaps it's most noticeable on the battle leader (while the vehicles are absolutely fine in this regard - I didn't mean them).

Archived