3000 Iron Warriors

Soulshade

First off, this isnt ment to be utter filth. But its supposed to be pretty punchy. Love the idea of a list with nearly 25 Terminatos on the board biggrin.png

RoW - The Ironfire

HQ

[140]Siege Breaker - Cataphractii TA, Combi Bolter, Chain fist

Troops

[185] 10 Tactical Marines - Nuncio-Vox, Rhino - Multi melta

[185] 10 Tactical Marines - Nuncio-Vox, Rhino - Multi melta

Elite

[160] 2 Quad Launchers - Phospex canisters

[400] 10 Cataphractii Terminators - 5 Combi Melta, 2 Chain fists, 4 Power fists

Fast

[1xx] Anvilus Dreadclaw Pod

Heavy

[310] 2 Legion Medusa

[1xx] Legion Scorpious

[570] 10 Tyrant Terminators - 4 Chainfists, Combi Melta (sarg)

LoW

[659] Perturabo

Command Squad - 3 Tartaros Terminators - Plasma Blaster, 2 Combi Plas, 2 Chain fists

Tactics

Perty and in CS go in the pod for the 1st turn deepstrike. Staying within to assure a 2nd turn charge. The catapractis squad try to deepstrike on the other flank.

The Tyrants deploy with the centurion holding the mid field. and defending the artillery.

Rhinos flat out to help with Ironfire markers - troops disembark to claim objectives and help with the barrage attacks too.

Stuff shoots...

Thoughts guys? Think it works? Anything you would change.

I never played a 30k army, but right now I'm also on building one. So i can't really help you.

But why do the Tyrants need that many chainfists? If they should stay with the artillery, they shouldn't get near any heavy armour, or?

I would also drop one of the chainfists of the Command Squad, maybe even one of the plas-bolters. If you really want them to kill the enemy in melee, not all of them should have I1. Maybe use a pair of claws.

With the free points you could buy additional CCW or Art. Armour for the Sarges or a Power Weapon. So if the Tacticals get charged, they can hurt the enemy too before they die.

It's kinda sad that there is no room for Iron Havocs... You could use some long range Anti Armour Weapons beside the Tyrants.

There are also a little bit few bodies for this amount of points.But thats just my opinion wink.png

But on the other side... which Warsmith doesn't like a lot of big guns? drool.gif biggrin.png

Thanks guys.

I never played a 30k army, but right now I'm also on building one. So i can't really help you.

But why do the Tyrants need that many chainfists? If they should stay with the artillery, they shouldn't get near any heavy armour, or?

I would also drop one of the chainfists of the Command Squad, maybe even one of the plas-bolters. If you really want them to kill the enemy in melee, not all of them should have I1. Maybe use a pair of claws.

With the free points you could buy additional CCW or Art. Armour for the Sarges or a Power Weapon. So if the Tacticals get charged, they can hurt the enemy too before they die.

It's kinda sad that there is no room for Iron Havocs... You could use some long range Anti Armour Weapons beside the Tyrants.

There are also a little bit few bodies for this amount of points.But thats just my opinion wink.png

The chainfists on the Tyrants are 5 points! So why not? tongue.png Its mostly for defense. If a dreadnought drop pods in behind ect.

The command squad are again for Dreadnought defense ( if they get charged by 1) But Tbh Perty should be able to deal with that. Ill do some changes

Tacticals stay in the rhinos as long as possible. So arti armour would be near useless.

Iron Havocs! I wish. Its those or Tyrants... Ive still to decide. I just thing putting over 20 Terminator armoured models on the board is cool

4 quad launchers with phosphex is a bit gamey for me personally.
I'm unsure of the Tartaros armour on command squad. While cool perty can sweep not sure I would like on a 5+

Yeah 4 are a bit much, but it fits the RoW. Dunno what else I could do.

The Tartaros was more for a different visual look to the Tyrants and Cataphractii. So you could see it was a command squad. I may ditch the Tyrants for Havocs yet, so they may change to Cataphractti if that's the case.

Does Perturabo grant stuff deep strike or just let's them come down first turn?

Yeah. All terminators get to Deepstrike and reserves roll from turn 1.

List rewrite due later today :)

Ok new list. Been some major tweaks... mostly as I just didn't see the synergies before.

HQ

[147] Siege Breaker - Cataphractii,  Combi Melta, Chain fist

[1xx] Command Rhino

Troops

[195] 10 Tactical Marines -  Sarg - Artificer, Power axe -  Rhino - Multi melta

[195] 10 Tactical Marines -  Sarg - Artificer, Power axe -  Rhino - Multi melta

Elite

[180] Contemptor-Mortis - 2x Kheres Assault Cannons

[383] 10 Cataphractii Terminators - 4 Combi Melta, 2 Chain fists, 2 Power fists

Heavy

[310] 2 Legion Medusa

[1xx] Legion Scorpious

[565] 10 Tyrant Terminators - 4 Chainfists,

LoW

[490] Perturabo - After Istvaan

So. Plan!

Armour deploys. Everything else is reserved.  Pert joins the Tyrants, and the Breaker joins the Cataphractii squad.

Turn 1 the rhinos move forward. Terminators try to deepstrike within the bubble from the Command Rhino. No scatter and on a 2+ Should be a pretty safe bet.

Both units have tank hunter and multiple high str weapons. So should pop most armour. Then the artillery rains down on the squishy stuff that was inside.

Thoughts?

Archived