2500 SoH tournament list

Domojin

Hey gang. I'm a not very regular or serious player that's trying to get some models painted up for a tournament early next year and wanted some opinions on the list I've come up with:

+++ 2500 Sons of Horus (2499pts) +++

+ HQ (95pts) +
Legion Centurion (95pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Power Weapon][Chaplain (35pts)]

to join one of the tac blobs

+ Troops (994pts) +
Justaerin Terminator Squad (424pts)

[Chainfist (10pts), 2x Combi-Weapon (14pts), 7x Justaerin Terminators (280pts), Multi-melta (25pts), Pair of Lightning Claws (15pts), 5x Power Fist (25pts)]
to join Horus

Legion Tactical Squad (285pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines (190pts), additional Combat Blade (40pts)]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant (20pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Armour, Power Fist (15pts)]

Legion Tactical Squad (285pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines (190pts), additional Combat Blade (40pts)]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant (20pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Armour, Power Fist (15pts)]

+ Elites (90pts) +
Apothecarion Detachment (90pts)
····Legion Apothecary (45pts)
····Legion Apothecary (45pts)

each to join a tac blob

+ Fast Attack (215pts) +
Xiphon Interceptor (215pts) [Armoured Cockpit (5pts), Chaff Launcher (5pts), Interceptors]

+ Heavy Support (605pts) +
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (405pts)
····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought (405pts) [Cyclonic Melta Lance (20pts), Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod (100pts), Phosphex Discharger (15pts)]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (200pts) [Heavy Bolter (10pts)]

+ Lord of War (500pts) +
Horus the Warmaster (500pts) [Primarch]
Rite: The Long March

I really like the tac blobs for Merciless Fighters and fury of the legion over smaller Vet units in pods or rhinos, the Chaplain would give one of the units fear and zealot (unless I see a lot of templates then he can hide and join a unit right before it charges, allowing that unit to still Go to Ground). It's also a lot on the table turn 1, and foot slogging is a little easier with The Long March.

Horus, the Justaerin, and the Leviathan drop in the backfield on 2nd turn,

The Xyphon is there for Anti-air, the Sicaran Venator to deal with Knights and LoW choices, hopefully keeping them locked in a perpetual state of Snap Shotting.

Any comments or criticism are welcome. Thank you for your help. smile.png

Thanks for pointing that out.  Only issue is I have this sweet lookin' Multi-Melta Justaerin guy... and I also have historically bad luck with Combi weapons.  I definitely see how the math works though, and I'll have to try it out to see if it works out that much better in practice.  If I drop the Multi-Metla and the melta bombs off the tac sgts I can fill of the remainder of the squad with combi weapons... 

As others have mentioned, the multimelta on the justaerin isn't optimal, ideally they all should have combi plasmas which you can use on the turn they deepstrike.

I'd also try and find points for some more power weapons in your tactical squads, on the apothecaries perhaps.

I'd also consider a deredeo or mortis for your anti air, having interceptor is really nice for taking out enemy fliers before they can do anything.

Good luck! 

Give Augury Scanners to the Apothecaries on the Tac blobs have Interceptor.

Shave some points from units then replace the Sicaran Venator with 2 Vindicator Laser Destroyers.

Look to add Artifacer Armour to your Power Fist Sgts as well.

You want to pop a transport or two so that Horus and the Justaerins can deal damage to troops when they deepstrike by shooting.

I'd run multiple Combi Plasmas to that effect.

Perhaps have the Meltas in the second unit to destroy a Tank.

Thanks all.  I definitely like the idea of Augury Scanners on the Apothecaries to make the blobs more anti-air.  I know there's that one guy at every tournament that takes an all fliers list just to throw a monkey wrench in the meta...  So the more flyer defense the better.  I may also swap out the Xyphon for a Deradeo.  I'll have to try a few games and see how it works out.  I guess I'll have to try out a Las Vindicator as well, as everyone is raving about it.  Thanks again for all the suggestions folks.  Much appreciated.  :)

Archived