Night Lords-Red Rivers Warband with Blood Pact allies

Firstly, some context for you all. About a year ago I had received a huge lot of Blood Angels miniatures and bits as part of a payment for a painting commission I had undertaken, and from years past I have amassed quite a collection of Dark Angels, and other random space marine bits leftover from past projects, hand me downs, or regrettable purchases.

Now Im a rootin tootin Guard player through and through. The concept of space marines as allies was somewhat appealing-but I couldn't let them steal the glory from my main army. The issue with what I should do with this growing mass of power armor collecting in the corner of my workroom troubled me for sometime...That is until the seeds of heresy were planted into my feeble mortal mind.

The Night Lords began to appeal to me, Ill save you the obvious reasons but the huge selling points for me were

-The lore

-An excuse to convert the hell out of these loyalist marine sprues, which I was practically swimming in and still am

-BLOOD EVERYWHERE

-The look of the legion had not changed much since 30k, so I could in theory use this army in both games of Warhammer 40k and Horus Heresy.

And just like that I was sucked into the embrace of Chaos.

I had decided that I wanted to find a perfect balance between a 40k and a 30k aesthetic. Hopefully I present this well, and consistently across the whole army (as I am a slow painter, and due to other hobbies this project may progress at a snails pace)

I had also decided that I wanted to make this particular warband of Night Lords, aligned to Khorne. Personally, I feel that it fits their theme very well (and its also because I probably want to shout 'Blood for the Blood God' during games).

First Id like to present the only two finished models in the army:

14958539 1756857704580035 1720136329 N

14962957 1756858117913327 1131221879 N

Very proud of these two test models, They still need to be properly based but they define the look I am aiming for this project.
Next Id like to show you the Dreadnought Ive been working on:

14937989 1756854231247049 1568547709 N

14937971 1756854381247034 154682138 N

14958628 1756854537913685 1462582090 N

The Banner needs more detail in my opinion and I have to finish highlighting and weathering as well as the metal on the side of the gun but Im happy with the direction hes going.

Next update I should have a finished Terror Squad/Counts as 'Zerkers, and a converted land raider is somewhere in the near future as well as tons of marine troop conversions. smile.png Very excited to see where the project takes me as Ive been a loyal Guardsmen all my gaming life.

Archived