Making my way down 3000 - Alpha Legion - BaC+BoP

suxdavide

As the title says I'm trying to plan out how to build the BaC and BoP marines I own.
I was thinking something like this, what do you suggest?

I have btw some concerns:
1) Pretor in cataphractii and terminators in tartaros (the cataphractii ones will be converted to Siege Tyrant)
2) I miss 500 points
3) I still have to buy the leviathan but I'm really down that path
4) I own 80 bodies (50 mk4 and 30 mk3) how would you build the tacts from?
5) Would a 5 man squad of missile launchers be worth?
6) Do I need melta? I have some but had no idea on how to use them.
7) I really need to buy the apothecary ahah

8) I probably will increase the seeker squad to 10 (using HH models though)
9) Are veterans that important?
10( For sure I will buy a leviathan, what would be a smart choice of equipment? Same for the Contemptor

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v200) (2534pts) ++

+ HQ (464pts) +

········Legion Centurion (122pts) [Artificer Armour, Bolter with only Banestrike Rounds , Plasma Pistol , Power Dagger ]
············Consul (35pts) [Vigilator (35pts)]

········Legion Praetor (342pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon , Chainfist , Combi-Weapon, Power Dagger]
············Legion Terminator Command Squad (180pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen ]

+ Elites (680pts) +

········Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (380pts)
············Legion Contemptor Dreadnought (190pts) [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]
············Legion Contemptor Dreadnought (190pts) [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

········The Rewards of Treason (300pts)
············Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad (300pts) [4x Tyrant Terminator]
················Tyrant Siege Master (5pts) [Power Dagger]

+ Troops (950pts) +

········Legion Tactical Squad (245pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
············Additional Wargear [bolters]
············Legion Tactical Sergeant [Plasma Pistol, Power Dagger]

········Legion Tactical Squad (180pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
············Legion Tactical Sergeant  [Plasma Pistol , Power Dagger]

········Legion Tactical Squad (180pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier , 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
············Legion Tactical Sergeant  [Plasma Pistol , Power Dagger ]

········Legion Tactical Support Squad (345pts) [9x Legion Space Marines , Plasma Guns ]
············Legion Sergeant  [Plasma Pistol , Power Dagger]

+ Fast Attack (275pts) +

········Legion Seeker Squad (275pts) [banestrike Bolter Shells, 9x Legion Seeker Space Marines]
············Legion Strike Leader  [Power Dagger, Power Fist]

+ Heavy Support (165pts) +

········Legion Heavy Support Squad (165pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]
············Legion Sergeant [Power Dagger]

+ Legion +

········Legiones Astartes [ XX: Alpha Legion, Traitor]

········Rite of War [The Coils of the Hydra]

+ Force Organization +

········Force Organization
············Battles in the Age of Darkness [ Age of Darkness Primary Detachment]

How about adding a couple of bits to the Cataphractii TDA character to make him a Primus Medicae and call the PA character Praetor? Artifcer Armour runs very well with Tartaros TDA, unless you want to deep strike them.

I have no clue on how to deploy them, if a Land Raider a Spartan or deep striking. I thought having an infiltrating HQ with seekers was nice (vigilator) but I'm open to discussion :)

How would I appreciate more your way?

I deploy a 10 man plasma squad (I'll be magnetizing this with flamers too) and a 5 man missile launcher (5 missile + sergeant)

I think I would still have 5 meltas and 5 heavy bolter, would that fit a 5 man veteran?

with all the special weapons from both boxes maybe change one of the 10 man tactical squads to a veteran tactical squad or a support squad. I'm not sure if you have enough for the latter.

That's not an option he needs 3 troops for Coils. And he has to pick Infiltrate for his Mutable Tactic.

with all the special weapons from both boxes maybe change one of the 10 man tactical squads to a veteran tactical squad or a support squad. I'm not sure if you have enough for the latter.

That's not an option he needs 3 troops for Coils. And he has to pick Infiltrate for his Mutable Tactic.

The list above has four troops. With 80 power armoured bodies, don't you think there is room for a couple of veterans, even 3 maxed tactical squads are only 60 bodies.

I'm open to all suggestions, for sure I like the idea of having a big blob of 20 marines ( I also found the bits for the apothecary from the GK sprues I had) and 2 on the rhino (as for this can I use a regular 40k rhino or are they post heresy?) 

The support squad is to make sure to have at least a 10 man squad with either plasma or flamer to do a bit more of just bolter shootings, same for the heavy one ( a friend of mine gave me 2 missile launcher thet's also a reason).

I still miss the heavy bolters and the meltas as special weapons :)

^I don't think a 10-man squad is really necessary, and quickly gets too expensive.  I've never had points or cause to use more than like 7-8 + Apothecary.

Alpha Legion gains absolutely nothing from running a blob. If you're going to do that, may as well just take a Breacher squad, so they can at least hold the center and intercept stuff with graviton guns.

I took the 20man squad because I liked the idea of fielding a nice amount of PA where in 40k I couldn't without loosing efficiency but yes I'd love to have Breachers although their price is quite high.

Is it better to have 2 distinct support squad with apothecary instead of 1 big then? 

I mean it depends on the list. I pretty much never have points for two support squads, there are way too many options. Biggest I've fielded is 8+Apothecary in Rhino, which also leaves room for a character (Dynat for cognis for example).

• 2 weeks later...

In the end I believe I will try to ramp up for this list, suggestions?

I won't be using the cataphractii models I own but those will be use to convert some Siege Tyrant Terminators to swap for Havocs on occurance smile.png

+++ Alpha Legion Dynat (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v41) (3000pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v202) (3000pts) ++

+ HQ (530pts) +

····Armillus Dynat (430pts)

······Legion Command Squad [4x Combi-bolter, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen, 5x Power Weapon]

····Legion Centurion (100pts) [Combi-Weapon, Melta Bombs, Power Armour]

······Consul [saboteur]

+ Elites (895pts) +

····Apothecarion Detachment (165pts)

······Legion Apothecary

········Additional Wargear [Artificer Armour, Chainsword/Combat Blade]

······Legion Apothecary

······Legion Apothecary

····Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

····Legion Terminator Squad (240pts) [4x Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, Reaper Autocannon, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

······Legion Terminator Sergeant [Chainfist]

····The Rewards of Treason (310pts)

······Iron Havoc Support Squad [9x Autocannon, 9x Iron Havoc]

········Iron Havoc Sergeant [Autocannon]

+ Troops (965pts) +

····Legion Tactical Squad (255pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

······Additional Wargear [bolters]

······Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Dagger, Power Fist]

····Legion Tactical Squad (190pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

····Legion Tactical Squad (190pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

····Legion Tactical Support Squad (330pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 8x Legion Space Marines, Plasma Guns]

+ Fast Attack (195pts) +

····Legion Seeker Squad (195pts) [3x Combi-weapon, 4x Legion Seeker Space Marines]

······Legion Strike Leader [Artificer Armour]

+ Heavy Support (415pts) +

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (415pts)

······Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]

+ Legion +

····Legiones Astartes [ XX: Alpha Legion, Traitor]

····Rite of War [The Coils of the Hydra]

+ Force Organization +

····Force Organization

······Battles in the Age of Darkness [ Age of Darkness Primary Detachment]

Created with BattleScribe

Archived