I present to you Azkaellon (and Captain Amit)

Helias_Tancred

I'm very happy that one of my favorite Blood Angels and favorite Space Marines from the entire genre has now been rendered, even better its for for a cover of two penultimate Blood Angel short stories that are going to audio.

I'll be honest, if you are a Blood Angel fan you must read Sins of the Father and Virtues of the Sons. Both stories give much insight into our glorious Primarch, and to a lesser extent two of the most legendary members of our legion.

We've already seen an image of Amit rendered for the Flesh Tearers book cover. I'm glad that Azkaellon now has his done too. Now if we can get Raldoron rendered and maybe a story or two about him, I won't need any Christmas gifts msn-wink.gif

Here it is:

gallery_81299_10220_160535.jpg

Amit looks spot on, but Azkellon seems too...wide? He looks chunky in the thigh area and it ruins it a little for me.

Maybe artificer armour is fatter?

Thick Thighs Save Lives, my friend. And as part of the bodyguard to a Primarch, you want the thickest thighs you can muster

Fat bottomed Guards, they make the rockin' world go round...

Testosterone, innit?

The gene-seed transformation appears to work on a scale of 1-to-sanguinius - there are a pair of (unrelated) veterans referred to as 'twins', as they've both ended up looking very much like sanguinius (and corbulo...).

I dunno, with a name and personality like his, I expected Amit to look more, erm, interesting?

Amit looks spot on, but Azkellon seems too...wide? He looks chunky in the thigh area and it ruins it a little for me.

Maybe artificer armour is fatter?

Thick Thighs Save Lives, my friend. And as part of the bodyguard to a Primarch, you want the thickest thighs you can muster
They must have terrible trouble with armour chafe though...

I'm not a huge fan of the rendition. Amit looks okay-ish but Azkaellon looks like the hero in a low budget 80s fantasy barbarian film. Also the armour colour makes it look like it's made out of that thin, ribbon-y Christmas decoration material.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived