Mithril's - Raptor's 2nd Co Wip/plog.

MithrilForge

The weathering on your Whirlwind is so good, Mithril. I've been wondering about how stencils might work on a vehicle and yours have come up beautifully. What did you spray it with?

the stencil was cut from tamiya tape (pain in the rear actually)but i don't spray over it i use a wide flat brush and then paint over or inside the stencil for a few coats...peel it off then tidy up the area, no spraying.

Mithril

double post blush.png

More work on the weekend on weathering the Launcher tubes and Campaign symbol,

med_gallery_9146_7882_1148135.jpg med_gallery_9146_7882_852352.jpg

Rear Door with Raptors Symbol

med_gallery_9146_7882_167985.jpg

all i have now is to paint the rocket tips, Decals to the front with a number and perhaps a Dev symbol on the other side and weather it up and finish painting the tracks and the metal in between the launch tubes and i guess it'll be done, back to the troops then thumbsup.gif

Cheers Mithril

Did a bit more last night(Successfully resisted the Urge to play more than a couple missions on Titanfall-2 sweat.gif)

Front face is decal'd and weathered,now all i have left is to put white and yellow or white and red? on the rocket tips and paint and weather the tracks,then its done (sad to say it will only be the 2nd thing completed for the army,although on the "cup half full" side...it's one more unit added to the army thumbsup.gif )

Front Face -

med_gallery_9146_7882_247682.jpg

cheers, Mithril

@ Furiyen -im going to try and finish off the first 5 tac guys from squad 1 and then get a group shot.

What's next, Land Raider? yes.gif

Do white and red.

@ Race- yeah i was leaning towards white and red,you just nudged it over the line for me tongue.png.

I do have a Landraider but unfortunatelysad.png after the tactical squads finished I'm locked into a scout squad and a LSS.(The first 500 pts of my tale of 2 gamers project i'm doing with a mate)

My next 500pts will see me trying to make a RaptorWing...i got the 3x Speeders and 1x Stormtalon,just gotta save for number two wub.png although i'm wondering how to kit out the Speeders?!?...

@ DSS7 thanks for the compliment

Cheers Mithril

3 speeders is overkill for that formation

I have mine with HB and assault cannon (my favourite weapon in the game)

Although it does make it quite pricey

given you have 3 maybe kit them out all differently so you can pick and choose depending on points?

3 speeders is overkill for that formation

I have mine with HB and assault cannon (my favourite weapon in the game)

Although it does make it quite pricey

given you have 3 maybe kit them out all differently so you can pick and choose depending on points?

Thanks Duz, tactical ideas duly noted.

That would make for a very flexible formation choice when i think about it thumbsup.gif

1x HB, Multi Melta

1x HB,Hvy Flamer

1x HB, Assault Cannon

and then choose which single speeder to accompany the Storm's on the day cool.png

Mithril

Not a bad idea. I did 2x HB to keep each speeder cheap. Once on the board they get attention fast.

This. Have them give supporting fire from 36" away, while not attracting too much attention and keeping them cheap. And maybe grab objectives, because they can excuse moving flat out.

Yeh I'm not sure the heavy flamers is a good option though.

At that point unless its for purely defensive purposes youre probably too close to the fight for its own good.

Maybe make that one the dual HBs like the above posts suggest.

Finished Whirlwind,yay my first Raptors Vehicle!!!

med_gallery_9146_7882_983622.jpg med_gallery_9146_7882_683447.jpg

and the next thing on the list is to finish the Tac squad- here's a test WiP of the Hvy Bolters head colour -

med_gallery_9146_7882_786428.jpg med_gallery_9146_7882_354721.jpg

* LOL, too much light on him, he's a mix of Celestra Grey and Dwarf flesh so his face in real life looks much more greyish tongue.png go figure...

Cheers Mithril

okay ....++ Retrieving Data from My Mind++ Equivalent to a Commodore 64 laugh.png ... Processing.....++ Success++

Primed him Corax white spray,

Base coat was - 50/50 Celestra grey/Dwarf flesh,

Next coat was recess wash of VERY watered down Eshin Grey then re touch up with base coat

then a highlight of same colour but with a drop more celestra added just to lighten it.

the eye was just a dot of black over the white undercoat and was probably made to look better due to the Eshin Grey wash...

Oh!, before i forget, a really Watered down wash of khorne red was done across the mouth area then most of it was gently wiped off.

cheers Mithril

Man that whirlwind is just amazing, the weathering is great, especially on the decals...and the green is just spot on, how did you achieve that green?

Been trying to hit something like it but just can't seem to do it

Corax white spray undercoat, one light coat of Averland sunset then its simply a base layer or 3 tongue.png of Deathworld Forest and recess wash of Agrax Earthshade, edge highlight of Zandri dust and then weather to your liking and voila!...

Cheers Mithril

Archived