Imperial Fists - 40k Army WIP

Henchman No2

Hi all,

I have recently decided to start the Warhammer 40k hobby again after reading some of the great Horus Hersey novels. As such I have decide to start collecting an Imperial Fists army and decided on the 5th Company paint scheme (black and yellow). My intention is to build up to a 1,850 point army as per the list below.

Imperial Fists 1,850 Points
Detachments/Formations Combined Arms Detachment Battle Demi-Company Storm Wing Formation
HQ Chaplain (Army Commander) 90 140   Terminator Armour 30 Primarchs Wrath 20
HQ Librarian 65 90   Level 2 25
Troops 10 Man Tactical Squad 140 215   Melta Bomb 5 Rhino 35 Plasma Gun 15 Lascannon 20
Troops 10 Man Tactical Squad 140 215   Melta Bomb 5 Rhino 35 Plasma Gun 15 Lascannon 20
Elites 5 Man Terminator Assault Squad 175 225  5 Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields 50
Fast Attack Space Marine Attack Bike 40 50   Multi-Melta 10
Fast Attack Storm Talon Gunship 110 130   Typhoon Missle Launcher 20
Fast Attack Storm Talon Gunship 110 130   Typhoon Missle Launcher 20
Heavy Support Centurion Devastator Squad 165 240   3 Lascannons 45 3 Missles 30
Heavy Support Stormraven Gunship 200 200   Twin-linked Lascannon 0 Twin Linked Multi-Melta 0        
Points Total  1,850

I am seeing this project as my first attempt at creating a table top standard army and I it would be great if you could comment on the pictures provided on how to better the paint jobs, poses or conversions.

My ultimate goal for my hobby is to create a 30k Imperial Fists legion but I will not be undertaking this project until I feel confident that my painting technics are consistent and produce good results.

One further note I painted all models by hand.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

IMG 5505

IMG 5498

IMG 5494

IMG 5492

IMG 5485

IMG 5475

IMG 5484

IMG 5479

IMG 5476

Many thanks for your kind replies. 

Next on my workbench is another Rhino to transport the second tactical squad in. I have done a little kit bashing to it to make it unique to the army as seen below.

The conversion is a little ridiculous but I wanted a tongue in cheek conversion just to add a bit of interest to what can be sometime a boring transport.

I am hoping to have it painted to base level by the end of this weekend and I will keep you updated on the progress.

I did want to ask the community whether any of you used airbrushes? I have been thinking for some time whether I should look to invest in one. Does anyone have any thoughts or pointers on this?

IMG 5512

IMG 5511

IMG 5510

IMG 5509

IMG 5508

IMG 5507

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Its been a while since I have been able to upload my progress of my Imperial Fists army but I am now in a position to do so.

The pictures below are from my now completed second rhino that will be taking my second tactical squad into battle.

The rhino, called Tribune, has taken me about a week to complete. As you can see I have tried experimenting with Forge World weathering powders and I must say that I have enjoyed working with them.

It would be good to hear from you all on who you seal the powders in as I am currently putting them on the, then spraying purity seal onto the weathered area. The results so far have been good but I do notice that areas that have not received the varnish do rub off.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the finish product and your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

IMG 5739

IMG 5740

IMG 5741

IMG 5743

IMG 5744

IMG 5742 2

IMG 5745

Archived