Rumour Engine.. possibly new Mechanicus Teased?

Battybattybats

If that is a Techpriest arm, he's holding those keys like they're covered in urine or something. It's a rather odd pose . . . huh.png

"Ah crap I forgot how high power fists make orks splatter. Oh god, it's... it's all over my keys. Eww. Ewwwww ewwww.... I Just got them polished!!"

If the keys access relics, or are relics unto themselves, the pose makes sense.  But I think just as likely would be that the modelers were afraid no one would notice the keys if they were held in a rational way.  After all, there's many details on my models I always missed until it was time to paint them!

The dominus is also a bit delicate with his pinky out on the staff hand. Of course, that pinky happens to be like a data spike, but the effect is similar. The flesh hand on the staff is also resting a bit gingerly for being in the middle of battle, IMO. I think it's another sort of peculiar detail that makes them stand out. Their apparent fragility and daintiness is at odds with how tough they are, if you get my meaning. Similar in some ways to the 30K vehicles with skeletal structures instead of metal plates. Maybe it's just another way to differentiate the lines, but I love the image I get of them treating these things as precious relics, even in the midst of a swirling melee. It's cute how much they love machines, isn't it? 

IIRC the story correctly, the painting guide for Cult Mechanicus have a Dominus focusing on a webway gate, before deciding to put some thought ensuring the Eldar Warlock attacking him were killed. (He was also upset about some Skitarii in an earlier battle because they saved him from DE that was going to drag him through a webway).

I think the hand is fine for an AdMech character, they don't really give a :cuss.

Archived