Asteroid Station Zeta - Ordo Xenos Kill Team

Beaky Brigade

Welcome to my Inquisitorial Kill Team Log! Let's get the fluff out of the way:

Optional Fluff

+++++Inquisitor's Log+++++

Date _____ M41

Troubling development with asteroid listening station Zeta in _____ system. Station Zeta covertly observes Tau Air Caste technological developments and fleet manoeuvrers. Operation run by Imperial Navy Intelligence with Adeptus Mechanicus support. Analysis suggests station has been returning selectively falsified data for at least the last 412 Terran days of its total period of operation. Comparison with source _____ suggests wildly exaggerated and understated performance figures of _____ Class Vessel. Accurate readings for older vessels rules out incompetence or instrumentation failure, either the station has been taken by force or there has been treachery.

Swift action must be taken to ensure false data does not influence Imperial battle strategy over the next century and beyond.

Alerting Imperial Navy of my findings would compromise sources. Their aggressive (and slow) response could alert Xenos forces to presence of station if they are not already aware, and would waste valuable Naval assets.

Dispatching Kill Team Gamma to _____ system. Attaching asset Y due to familiarity with operating from asteroids in this system. Permission to terminate at first sign of treachery.

Primary Objective: Activate station's failsafe atomics to destroy station. Naval Intelligence will assume station was discovered by Xenos forces.

Secondary Objective: Determine reason for falsified data and evacuate team before station destruction.

Tertiary Objective: Return surviving station personnel to Inquisitorial custody for Emperor's judgement.

+++++The Emperor Protects+++++

With that out the way lets begin! Just a quick warning, there will be some minor Xenos content with team member 'asset Y' (see fluff). I've discussed how include this with Brother Tyler by PM and will try and keep it minimal and only show it in relation to the rest of the Kill Team, and briefly explain how they fit in. If any other mods (or Brother Tyler himself!) think I've overstepped the rules please let me know, as I would like to show off the complete kill team without too much self censorship if possible.

Kill Team WIP. At the moment I'm planning a team of 9 Acolytes and 1 gun servitor and a Chimera. I'm excited about Imperial Agents coming out but I hope they don't change everything so I have to change my models. First pic shows the armaments of a lot of the squad, second more recent progress.

gallery_92870_11755_1796893.jpg

gallery_92870_11755_1653338.jpg

The metal models are very nice, but I won't be significantly converting them if I touch them at all (beyond the Arbites officer who will be my interrogator and leader).

When I thought about starting an inquisition kill team I wanted a serious, special forces theme and thought about which range of 'storm trooper' like models I would like best for a 10 man team, and I realised they did not exist! in the end I decided to have unique models that reflected the diversity of inquisitorial operatives without picking types clearly unsuited to taking part in small special operations (I.e crazy guys in robes!). I included 3 classic storm troopers to bulk out the squad a bit.

WIP Death cult assassin and Gun Servitor:

I thought 'how hard can it be to give the Callidus assassin two swords?' Well, the conversion is not hard, but finding the right second sword is! The problem is heroic scale does not produce small swords for this small model. I was not going to buy a whole other assassin so I searched the bits ranges without any luck just by searching for swords, then I came across a conversion someone did of the assassin models before the new plastics came out. They used the rapier that comes with the baneblade as the basis of the assassin's blades, so I did too! I did have to order the whole officer that comes with the baneblade but that's good to have. I don't like the oversized ponytail, and I want it to be clear it's not actually a Callidus so a trip to the salon for her!

I don't like the balancing on a pillar pose so I'm going to have her landing on the edge of a gap or chasm that starts at the edge of the base, it will make more sense when I've done it. The servitor is a Skitarii model and will have a multi melta.

gallery_92870_11755_443056.jpg

Bounty Hunter / Mercenary Type

He may share fashion tastes with genestealer cultists but don't worry, he's all Imperial! (not the previously mentioned Xenos content) I used the Cadian FW respirator head which will be attached to the neck seal from the neophyte head so it sits properly. He has a BaC plasma gun. I may give him some purity seals to emphasise his non heretical ways. As you may have noticed I don't really have names or backgrounds for all the team yet, but they will develop as the pieces come together.

gallery_92870_11755_1036567.jpg

Hopefully more soon, I've been afflicted by a curse of slaanesh and am obsessing over getting rid of mould lines and filling gaps so it may take a while!

Thanks for looking, any feedback is welcome.

Some interesting ideas in here; and I totally feel your pain about the hours spent browsing through bitz to find the right matching weapons in the smallest-size orders :P 

I love those classic storm trooper models (and hte Vostroyan plasma gunner is a definite favourite, too) so will be good to see paint on them. Was the 30k-era plasmagun a deliberate choice with the genestealer-neophyte-based acolyte? Or just what you happened to have around at the time. Either way, I think it looks good - smaller and more 'man-portable'. 

Some interesting ideas in here; and I totally feel your pain about the hours spent browsing through bitz to find the right matching weapons in the smallest-size orders tongue.png

I love those classic storm trooper models (and hte Vostroyan plasma gunner is a definite favourite, too) so will be good to see paint on them. Was the 30k-era plasmagun a deliberate choice with the genestealer-neophyte-based acolyte? Or just what you happened to have around at the time. Either way, I think it looks good - smaller and more 'man-portable'.

Thanks, I did have a choice of several plasma guns, but went for the BaC one as it did seem more appropriately sized.

• 1 month later...

A small update, with the release of Codex IA my kill team has sort of become an army, and there have been some additions and subtractions to the line up. WIP Ordo Xenos Inqusitor with conversion beamer, with a power armour Henchmen and an admech power armour henchmen. Sorry for the slightly blurry shot.

med_gallery_92870_11755_268505.jpg

Archived