Question about heraldry of the Fallen

Vairocanum

Hey guys, I've recently made a member of the fallen based on a khorne lord but I'm not sure what to put on the shoulder pads. KrautScientist suggested I do the standard winged sword but with a chaos star behind it which I quite like. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what other types of heraldry a member of the fallen might have. Thanks for any input!

I used the Winged sword (Red or Bone) on black armor. If I was any good at fading, my Khorne followers would have had the black armor fade to red at the extremities (Head, hands and feet).

The original Order symbol was the Sword with the Blade down. I used that as an alternate symbol as well as putting just the wings on a molded skull shoulder plate. On the Squad side, I went with personal heraldric devices instead of the typical symbols similar to the Black Templars as they would be very similar (hence the bone instead of white) but without the cross iconography and chained weapons.

It was my understanding that many fallen bear the original legion colors and hereldry...

I suggest looking up horus heresy dark angels for reference.

Thanks for the suggestion Canadian_F_H! I was wondering what kind of personal heraldry they might have as the fallen might not keep their squad markings after heresy. 

I used the Winged sword (Red or Bone) on black armor. If I was any good at fading, my Khorne followers would have had the black armor fade to red at the extremities (Head, hands and feet).

The original Order symbol was the Sword with the Blade down. I used that as an alternate symbol as well as putting just the wings on a molded skull shoulder plate. On the Squad side, I went with personal heraldric devices instead of the typical symbols similar to the Black Templars as they would be very similar (hence the bone instead of white) but without the cross iconography and chained weapons.

Thanks for the suggestion Grand Master Belial! Oh so you mean a skull with wings coming out from each side (I've actually done that for the chestplate)? Also what kind of "personal heraldric devices" were common for DA?

Here Eddie army of Fallen Angels, seen on ADB blog & when I saw them that Throne of Skulls Sept 2013.

A Tale of Five Heretics – The Failure Years by A D-B

A Tale of Five Heretics: Eddie Remains Eddie-ish by A D-B

*snip*

Thanks for the suggestion and pictures Insane Psychopath! I think checkered shoulder pads are something I should look into trying.

I've made the fallen look mildly chaos-y (so not too corrupted), which is why I liked the idea of the winged sword with a chaos star behind. 

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz134/Vairocanum/IMGP0036_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Widowmaker! I really like the DA winged sword branching off into a chaos star! I'm going to experiment and see if I can modify an existing DA shoulder pad with green stuff, cause I don't trust my freehand. For the other shoulder pad I'm considering three swords pointing down (with a skull in the middle sword).

Archived