Bloodied Hunters - Space Wolves Killteam(s)

Phantomzero17

It's been a while since I've painted Power Armor (Just a few filthy Xenos).  I've mainly just been collecting and assembling plastic without painting any of it.  Case and point this week one of my friends/opponents convinced me I should buy the Space Wolves start collecting box.  Figured it would sit around till this weekend as since it's holiday season I work 5d 11h.

But unfortunately tonight after spending 4.5 of my 11 hour shift teaching safety I was injured while in operation of a forklift.  Luckily I was on ground level instead of the usual 35-40 ft up.  On the flip side I probably have about a week off to paint.  So through the power of 800mg Ibuprofen and biofreeze I bring you this project.

Sky Warriors of the Vlka Fenryka sworn to the banner of Bran Redmaw.

Why the Bloodmaws?  I'm going to quote the Lexicanum for this one.

Bran and his followers are natural hunters, and Bran has a natural talent for second-guessing his enemies' moves. He specializes in encircling actions, positioning his Grey Hunters to lie in wait as his enemy flees in the face of his front-line advance. Once his enemy is trapped, Bran's Wolves unleash their savagery, and their enemy is literally torn to pieces,

To me that alone sets the seed for forging a Kill-team narrative better than other Great Companies.

Assembled and trimmed so far

Lone Wolf

Grey Hunters

Thunder Wolf Calvary

Looking good so far. Do you mind telling me where you got that terrain piece?

Z214 City Block Ruins from Amera Plastic's Future Zone line you can order directly from them here, however since I live in the states I ordered mine from Noble Knight Games.  I have a few of their other pieces and I like them for cheapish terrain.  Fair warning though they require cutting out, but otherwise assembly is easy.

I have continued work on my Wolves.  Though truth be told not by much as with having these days off and having the ability to be awake earlier in the day (I'm an 18:00 - 5:30 worker so I tend to be in bed by 8 am) I've had a lot of time to actually visit and spend time in my FLGS and one that's not so local.  So I played more games this week then I probably played this year.  Including 3 games of these unpainted wolves against Ork and Nid killteams and by the Allfather I have to say Thunderwolves do work.  Well cept for that time one decided to kill itself via dangerous terrain tests.  Multiple wound Warriors somewhat gave me trouble but I think I'll have to take +1 WS over D3 attacks next time.

For the Grey Hunters I've gotten them base coated as well as I purchased a pot of Morn Mountain Snow from my FLGS.  I wanna try to do more with the bases this time around instead of just leaving everything black but I haven't quite decided what else to throw on there.  Or if I even like the way the Morn Mountain Snow looks.

Similar story on the Thunderwolves.  All got base coated today and some Morn Mountain Snow is lathered on the bases, however, I started testing out painting the scheme on one of them.

Closer looks at the WIP Cav unit.

Front

Side

Side

I may also have made a somewhat impulse buy while visiting a shop in another town with a bit of a wider selection of on hand product than my local store.  Well several impulse buys but I'm not going to show Xenos here.

I mean my Wolves have to have someone to fight right?

Archived