Potentially playing at 3000 IF w Questoris Allies

Lord Blackwood

Next event looks like it could very well be a 3000 point event   with  some players building 1500 and playing together. 

I have been considering what I  would want to bring since I have somewhat of a good idea as to what ill be getting for Christmas

I  tossed together what I think is a list that works to my theme  Id like some criticism  and if anyone has any ideas to toss them out there since im not sure WHEN  the next event will be just aware of the structure thats being voted on. Im sitting at something like 15 floating points. 

+++ Possible Event List (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v42) (2985pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Questoris Knight Crusade Army v20) (1300pts) ++

+ HQ (485pts) +

Seneschal (485pts) [Cerastus Knight-Atrapos (435pts)]

+ Troops (815pts) +

Scion Martial (415pts) [Cerastus Knight-Acheron (415pts)]

Scion Martial (400pts) [Cerastus Knight-Lancer (400pts)]

+ Force Organization +

Force Organization [Questoris Knights]
Battles in the Age of Darkness [Allied Detachment]

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v202) (1685pts) ++

+ HQ (155pts) +

Master of Armour (155pts)
Legion Predator Tank (155pts) [Dozer Blade, Executioner Plasma Cannon , Heavy Bolters ]

+ Elites (660pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (210pts) [Dozer Blade, Lascannons]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (225pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier , 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines , Legion Veteran Tactical Squad, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]
Additional Wargear  [Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web ]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour , Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade]
Standard Wargear [bolt Pistols, Bolters, Chainswords/Combat Blades, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (225pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier , 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines , Legion Veteran Tactical Squad, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]
Additional Wargear  [Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web ]
Legion Veteran Sergeant  [Artificer Armour , Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade]
Standard Wargear [bolt Pistols, Bolters, Chainswords/Combat Blades, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

+ Troops (300pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (100pts)
Legion Predator Tank (100pts) [Dozer Blade , Heavy Bolters ]

+ Heavy Support (570pts) +

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (375pts)
Legion Vindicator Tank (125pts) [Dozer Blade ]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (195pts) [Dozer Blade]

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [   VII: Imperial Fists, Loyalist]

Rite of War [Armoured Breakthrough]

+ Force Organization +

Force Organization [Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List]
Battles in the Age of Darkness [ Age of Darkness Primary Detachment]

Tanks and Knights...everything I love about 30k!

Honestly all I can suggest is making a Knight an Albalaster and possibly put the Master of Armour in a Sicaran, Predators are easy to lose (atleast in my games they are).

im actually considering dropping a knight to take two executioners  

you are absolutely correct about swapping the master of armor to a sicarian

these two changes sorta leave me at 2775 / 3000     its enough to fit a second sicarian battle tank into the list  or , maybe a contemptor cortus with a heavy conversion beamer cause  ive run that in the past to some good effect 

I run a pair of Plasma Executioners in my 2.5k list and baring LoS issues, they almost always annihilate something. You could potentially drop a Knight and get a Fellblade/Falchion too

• 2 weeks later...

So I retooled the list a bit ,  based on  some test play , I think  taking all three knights is worth while , and the plasma preds are indeed increadible.  

This is what  I  am looking at now , I  also put in some anti air tech. 

+++ Checking Boxes :  Mercy Optional [x] (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v43) (3000pts) +++

+ HQ (485pts) +

Seneschal (485pts) [Cerastus Knight-Atrapos]

+ Troops (815pts) +

Scion Martial (415pts) [Cerastus Knight-Acheron]

Scion Martial (400pts) [Cerastus Knight-Lancer]

+ Force Organization +

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v204) (1700pts) ++

+ HQ (210pts) +

Master of Armour (210pts)
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Accelerator Autocannon, Dozer Blade, Lascannon Sponsons, Pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

+ Elites (205pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (205pts) [Accelerator Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

+ Troops (380pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (95pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Predator Cannon, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Predator Cannon, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

+ Heavy Support (905pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Helical Targeting Array, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, Twin-linked Anvilius Pattern Autocannon Battery, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (310pts)
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Executioner Plasma Destroyer, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Executioner Plasma Destroyer, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (375pts)
Legion Vindicator Tank [Combi-Bolter, Demolisher Cannon, Dozer Blade, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]
Legion Vindicator Tank [Combi-Bolter, Demolisher Cannon, Dozer Blade, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

+ Legion +

+ Force Organization +

3 Cerastus chassis' is a nice threat! :)

- I would personally make the Lancer a Seneschal, as it gains so much more out of the save boost. 3++ against ranged and a 4++ in combat? Yes please! Also, not being able to use the ion gauntlet shield (in melee) against Rear Armour is a non-issue as it's a Walker (always uses Front Armour) and cannot be Immobilised (being a Super-heavy). Just protect its back end from shooting!

- keep the Acheron as a Martial, as it's a real toolbox Knight - anti-Infantry with its flamer, anti-Tank with its chainfist, and Scoring. Love that Knight. :)

- finally, have you considered running the Atropos as an Aucteller? It has twin-linked weapons against Super-heavies, which meshes really well with "Sworn Enemy". At 3k you will face them pretty often, I'd think.

For the Armoured Breakthrough component:

- the Master of Armour has BS5 and anti-tank weapons, so I'd swap the pintle-mounted heavy bolter for a multi-melta and add a HKM.

- the Elite Sicaran doesn't really offer a whole lot of value (especially with the mixed anti-Infantry and anti-Tank weapons). I'd drop it and use the points elsewhere.

- Predators look good, but where are their dozer blades? If you have 40 points free at the end, add some pintle-mounted heavy bolters for even more dakka. Deredeo is also solid.

- Plasma Predators are awesome, but I'd keep them cheap and focused, ie. no sponsons or with just a 5 point combi-plasma for "Weapon Destroyed" results (and it meshes well at Rapid Fire range). I think Rangaman runs them with lascannons, but not sure of his successes with that loadout...

- IMHO, Demolisher Vindicators need Machine Spirit (allows them to move 12" and shoot, making them a threat Turn 1). Otherwise, make them Laser Destroyers and park them in cover.

Love your work Bladewolf! Good luck!

some really good points , lemme try and shuffle some things around in a bit 

Wouldnt the Vindicators still be able to fire after moving twelve because armored breakthrough makes them fast ? 

Also what would you do with the points saved on the second sicarian ? 

Edit: Oh  and thank you O u O  I will try my best 

Wouldnt the Vindicators still be able to fire after moving twelve because armored breakthrough makes them fast ?

Derp. Yep, my bad. :) That's cool then!

Edit: with the extra points you could grab "occular augmetics" for the Knights, Squadron Command Tank for one of the Demolishers, plus some other stuff. You could also drop 2 Troop Predators and the Deredeo in order to pick up 2 units of Veterans in Rhinos, but that's just a fanciful idea. :P

I like the new list Bladewolf!

On the subject of Executioner w/ Lascannon Preds, I initially went with rule of cool for those but they have sinced proved invaluable. I play against Mechanicum regularly so having the high strength sponsons is almost always better for me when paired with the Executioner, plus the odd times I have had side armour shots with the Preds, the Lascannon was more then ideal.

Thanks Rangaman

So I  tried working with some of the ideas laid out  but I was having a hard time points wise ,  I thought maybe id look into the whole command tank upgrade cause ignoring shaken on a 4+  and having tank hunter / monster hunter  on the plas preds and the vindis cant be a bad thing right ? 

I  could drop them and re distribute the points a bit like giving the squad commander of the plas preds las cannon sponsons but dropping the whole squad commander thing from the Vindis to find the points. 

Anyway after sitting and head scratching a bit this is where my heads at 

Lemme know what you think. 

+++ Checking Boxes :  Mercy Optional [x] (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v43) (3000pts) +++

+ HQ (450pts) +

Seneschal (450pts) [Cerastus Knight-Lancer]

+ Troops (850pts) +

Scion Martial (415pts) [Cerastus Knight-Acheron]

Scion Martial (435pts) [Cerastus Knight-Atrapos]

+ Force Organization +

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v204) (1700pts) ++

+ HQ (230pts) +

Master of Armour (230pts)
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Accelerator Autocannon, Dozer Blade, Hunter-killer Missile, Lascannon Sponsons, MultiMelta, Pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

+ Troops (400pts) +

Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Predator Cannon, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Predator Cannon, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

+ Heavy Support (1070pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Helical Targeting Array, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, Twin-linked Anvilius Pattern Autocannon Battery, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (440pts) [squadron Command Tank]
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Executioner Plasma Destroyer, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]
Legion Predator Tank [Dozer Blade, Executioner Plasma Destroyer, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (410pts) [squadron Command Tank]

+ Legion +

+ Force Organization +

I like things with Armor Value 13+ int he front 

Even my ladies 

Wait.... whut 

Anyway ,  I actually have a legitimate question  is it really that bad to have sponsons on the plasma preds , they share the same range as the plasma cannons yea?   So   wouldnt it just me more dice to throw at X unit ?  

Im still sorta sitting here wracking my brain about the little things , as in  Tank Hunter / Monster Hunter on the big units vs  something like 6 heavy bolters ya know.  Or potentially 4 heavy bolters and 2 las cannons. 

I would take the sponsons over the Command Tank upgrade, if I recall correctly, you only get the Tank/Monster Hunter if you are within 24" which I think is dangerously close for a medium-long range platform. On the Vindicators it would be great but maybe not the best for Predators.

Like I said before, I find Lascannon sponsons to sync well with my Executioners for the simple fact that I often play against high toughness robots, but even just having Heavy Bolters and using weight of dice alone to overcome heavy infantry like Terminators could work out too! And the fact that you can water down the weapon destroyed result so that you can hang on to the Plasma Cannon for a little bit longer is always a bonus.

Archived