New Campaign Including Ad Mech

DeStinyFiSh

Well, after seeing this model my theory that the leaked arm holding keys was a lowly Lexmechanic has gone up in smoke. I'm happy to be mistaken with a model like that. I hope there will be a generic Archmagos model and/or rules.

Weird that he wouldn't just be in something as large as that presumed servitor driven baby carrier.

Still hoping we get an anbyant (spelling?) and other goodies to flush out the ad mech.

Otherwise this character is big enough to just model a guy count as on one. Shame I dislike using characters

Ok folks so Belisarius is very cool... but take a close look BEHIND him.

*snip*

The giant legs behind him that don't seem like regular Knight legs or the not quite rust stalker standing behind the vanguard?. I say rust stalker because the face shape is similar but it only has one eye and just seems beefier than normal.

I think it's just vanguard and Sicarians to the viewers left. It isn't super consistent but those look a lot like vanguard helmets, and the thing behind them is too small to be a kastelan by comparison. There are knights with digitigrade legs from FW and it'd be about that scale. My money is on this just being a heavily stylized drawing.

Guys, I wouldn't get ahead of yourself.

Im pretty sure we have seen all of the new models for this campaign book.

Cawl, Celestine and Greyfax.

The back of the book having the old studio Templars and sisters confirms this.

Certainly room for more in the future, but for now nothing new in this book.

^ This ^

We are only getting another campaign book, not a new Codex. And as Charlo said, there is only 1 Ad Mech model to see so far, so I guess we will NOT get a lot of new toys.

And to be honest, I don't know what would be the benefit of a combined book? You can mix and match the Skitarii and the Cult formations the way you want them, and if you do not like the formation you can take 2 Vanguards "tax" and add anything else from the Skitarii (Skitarii Maniple) or you get a Tech Priest + 2 x Kataphrons (CAD or Battle Congregation) as "tax" to get anything else Cult has to offer. Tax in "" because all of these units are pretty good anyway.

Since there are no transports we could share there is no difference to a single book...

I am hoping for a Decurion style detachment with a few new formations!

Look how strong Chaos has gotten all of a sudden, with the same codex everyone was complaining about, just by adding a few legion rules and Decurion.

But I am not sure how much room Ad Mech will get in this book since we have to share it with Sisters and Inquisition (and Black Templars?). Maybe Sisters and Inquisition will only get very little new stuff because they already have new formations in the IA Codex. Chaos is happy as well, so maybe it will look like the Mont'ka book. 2 "main factions" are Black Templar and Cult (like AM and Tau) plus a few pages for Celestine and that Inquisitor (like the Assassins in Mont'ka).

Regardless of whether we are getting a combined book or not the artwork of Cawl there has some huge machine behind him and there's that small red claw at the top of the piece. I'm yet to be convinced the object on the left is a ruststalker, it might be but it might not be. But even if that's an artistic interpretation cerastus knight or warhound titan behind him to the right the claw then doesn't make sense.

I haven't seen any reputable sources talk about the combined codex. The rumor was big around a year ago but then mostly died off, so I'm thinking that could have been false info. Honestly I hope we don't get a combined codex until at least after 8th drops so we don't wind up pitiful in the new ruleset.

Not giving it high odds (size is a bit much), but the 'bot' reminds me of a Tech-Thrall (single eye, pill-shaped helmet).

99590108129_TechThrallCovenantwithMitral

I had the same thought about the Thrall. I think we may see an updated version of that. Sort of a combat servitor of sorts. And just because the art is in this book, it doesn't mean the new releases have to be, does it? I thought sometimes we've seen art that came out way before the models. I'm thinking of the Age of Sigmar Orruk on the wyvern thing. I'm pretty sure that showed up in art months before the model release, but I could be wrong. 

I'm also wondering if the thing he's been up to for 10K years isn't related to the webway or the golden throne, or both. Would tie into quite a bit of stuff, it seems, and could explain the inherent silliness of living that long, even with Juvenat treatments and augmetics. I hope he's completely bonkers, though, because that's when Ad Mech's at its best IMO

I agree there won't be 30k models ported over here because FW already confirmed the next IA book has Mechanicus in it and that they'll be bringing some 30k models to 40k. It would be weird to have both FW and GW release rules doing that around the same time.

Yeah, we'll all get our robot fix in the next book.

Hopefully Triaros, Myrmidons and other such units too...!

Keep in mind though that it's been said the bots are more or less uncontrollable rage machines at this point, only unleashed due to the dire nature of the Tau's attack on Cyraxus!

BUT I'm 99% convinced it's the Webway Cawl has been working on. It was the Emperor's "Great Work" afterall.

All the Forgeworld HH Automata are Mechanicus-designed variants of ancient automata designs (AKA 1st ed 40k miniatures).
The Heresy Castellax is a variant of the original Castellan (now spelt Kastellan for copyright purposes).
The Vorax is a variant of the Crusader.
There were 3 other 1st ed 40k robots and the Cult Mechanicus book has only given us 1 of the 5.

So it's possible we might be getting one or more of the others as releases from the coming campaign book.

All the Forgeworld HH Automata are Mechanicus-designed variants of ancient automata designs (AKA 1st ed 40k miniatures).

The Heresy Castellax is a variant of the original Castellan (now spelt Kastellan for copyright purposes).

The Vorax is a variant of the Crusader.

There were 3 other 1st ed 40k robots and the Cult Mechanicus book has only given us 1 of the 5.

So it's possible we might be getting one or more of the others as releases from the coming campaign book.

Which would you expect to be most likely for GW to work on? Apart from the Crusader the others look very similar to the Kastellan/Castellax. I suppose the Colossus could be an anti-vehicle/siege variant but most of the others look like they would be minor variations on what we already have in Cult Mechanicus. 

Archived