Starting, help and advice needed.

JasoX

Hi

I recently started space wolves army and my missus was with me at the store and i asked if she would like to have something to paint. Se has never played just painted. And she announced that she needed codex and army because she wanted to play with me and my friends.

So i said pick anything you like and she picked up sydonian dragoon. eek, i have zero experience with admech.

Now the real question is what should i get her to form good starting army?

Skitarii or Cult or Both?

How about Knights? can they be used in admech?

Edit/ Hmm, it seems i need all 3 to form good admech army.

I would say start out with just Skitarii. They have more choices and those choices are a little more versatile. Once she's got one or two of everything, then start branching out to Cult Mechanicus. I would say the only Cult worth grabbing to start would be the Get Started Box since you can use the formation in it to field the dominus without worrying about allied detachments.

Once she's got a decent army, grab some kataphrons. They are awesome, but too expensive for smaller games (another reason to start with Skitarii). Knights aren't a bad shout but outside of the War Convocation they're no different for us than they are for every imperial faction. You don't need all three, you don't even need Cult, but it helps at bigger game sizes.

Can you give us a bit more information?

How many points does she want to play? A Start Collecting Box will give you about 400 points worth of models. 1000 points is probably reasonable for a beginner game. I would recommend she gets the Start Collecting Box (maybe two times, it is a good deal and you can sell the second Dominus if you want to). Then expand on more Vanguard (Rangers sadly got pretty useless). About 30 Vanguard are enough for even 1500+ points games. 

We usually go around 3000-4000 points in our games. So around that. I got 500€ to start her army up. More to be added when things get painted biggrin.png

Already got codexes. And it seems war convocation is a way to go.

Edit:// i was thinking these

Battleforce : Adeptus Mechanicus Eradication Cohort

Imperial knight Crusader

Munitorum armored containers : skitarii

Start collecting: Skitarii

Kataphron battle servitors

Sicarian ruststalkers

Archived