The Lions Agent

Well this was written a while ago, feed back would be appreciated.

Warning runes flicker across my vision distracting me momentarily from the duel feet from me, even my enhanced eyesight struggles to track the movements of the two combatants. For in front of me unfolds a fight that should never of been, for Luther has turned away from the imperium and into the embrace of chaos.The proof of this fact lay scattered around this chamber in the dismembered bodies of my brothers, and my own broken body, only the Lion was quick enough to counter the brutal assault the Steward of Caliban had unleashed upon us. I feel my strength fading in every slowing beat of my twinned hearts.

I am forced to be a witness to this great battle, but I do not believe I am the only one watching, for in the darkest corners of this chamber in the Tower of Angels, pairs of glowing eyes watch silently, I no longer know if they are real or a mere delusion brought on by my injuries. My Lord is silent , his regal face locked into a mask of righteous fury ignoring the taunts and jibes of his fallen mentor. Oh Luther how could you forsake our Lord....you who were the greatest of us all, second only to the Lion.

Even fuelled by his fel masters Luther is no match for the Lion, the battle while close only ever had one outcome from the start, though my eyes barely follow their blades and my ears ring with the clash of steel, it is plain to see that Luther is being forced onto the defensive, being forced back step by step by the fury of the Master of the First. Then suddenly their movements cease and I see them locked blade to blade in the centre of the room. And then with a great shout the Primarch sends the arch betrayers sword skittering across the flagstones, and I await the final strike to descend....but it never comes, the great Lion hesitates seeing not his betrayer perhaps, but the man who mentored him and was his closest friend, sadly Luther did not share this moment of sentimentality.

The betrayer flings up his hand and eldritch energy arched from his fingers striking the lion in the chest. If I had the breath in my lungs then a groan of dismay would of passed my lips as I can do nothing but watch as this sinister energy courses over my liege, twisting his features into the silent scream of agony. With the sound of screaming metal I can only watch in horror as the Lion sword shatters, with metal shards flying in all directions, one glancing off the temple of Luther, and there in his eyes you can see the brief return of sanity, but as the Lion falls the sanity in Luther's eyes shatters as he fully takes in what he has just done, his screams echo around the chamber.

I feel my life fading as the pool of my gene enhanced blood grows larger, I cannot reach my stricken Lord. And that is when they come, the watchers in the dark, they gather around my stricken Lord, together they lift the great form of my liege, I try to cry out, to stop them but the most I can do is reach out a hand to them in a silent plea for them to leave the master of the first where he has fallen, but it is too late and they are soon retreating into the shadows with the form of Lion El'Jonson. All except one who stands before the kneeling form of Luther, i can only assume that a silent communion takes place for once the diminutive robed figure of the watcher leaves Luther starts babbling about our primarchs return and how he shall be forgiven on the mighty lions return, he will be lucky to live so long the traitorous scum.

I can hear the armoured boot falls of my brothers, now coming closer, but I do not think I will be alive to see them arrive. I have no regrets my life and death for the First legion just as it should be, my eyesight is failing the shadows grow larger or my vision grows darker I do not know which. A brother is here gathering up the shards of the Lion sword, the cowl of his robe obscures his face, I try to get his attention but my limbs no longer obey my will. But then one of the watchers returns and again I am left out of their silent communication. But as my vision goes black and my twin hearts beat their last I hear my brother speak

"The Lions will, will be done watcher"

I hear Lord Cypher voice these words, then all is darkness.

Archived