2.5k Imperial Fists PotL

Commander_Boom

Hi all.

I've been working on a list for Imperial Fists.

+++ If (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v42) (2495pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v202) (2495pts) ++

+ HQ (230pts) +

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Elites (70pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (70pts)

Legion Apothecary

Additional Wargear [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]

+ Troops (1355pts) +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (280pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]

Additional Wargear [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-vox]

Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (270pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]

Additional Wargear [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Vexilla]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (270pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]

Templar Brethren (535pts) [7x Combat Shield, Land Raider Phobos, Legion Vexilla, 7x Templar Brethren]

Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

+ Heavy Support (840pts) +

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (465pts) [Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (260pts)

Legion Vindicator Tank [Laser Destroyer Array]

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius (115pts)

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [ VII: Imperial Fists, Loyalist]

Rite of War [Pride of the Legion]

+ Force Organization +

Force Organization

Battles in the Age of Darkness [ Age of Darkness Primary Detachment]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Pretty straight forward - Siggy, apoc and Templars go upfield in the Landraider, while the various artillery bombard the enemy. Vets advance behind the Templars, infront of the armour.

Thoughts? Sanity check? First time posting a list online, tell me what I screwed up.

A potential issue is that with siggi you'll probably want to point him directly towards the toughest enemy unit/ character which will normally mean cracking 2+ armour- something Templar breatheren are not very good at. They also don't last long against the normal war gear that these units typically have; powerfists, chainfists as they'll only have the 5++.

I find that legion terminators provide a better bodyguard unit. Give them vigil storm shields for a 3++ and provide a primus Medicae to buff the unit/ Sigusmund. You'll need to get a spartan though so I'm not sure if this is starting to move to far away from your list.

If you want to keep the Templar brethren then a dreadclaw provides a cheaper but potentially more deadly delivery method at over half the points.

I'd look to reinvest the points from third vet squad in ether the terminators/ Spartan combo I mentioned above or quad guns/ a lightning/ javelin speeders - something that offers you other options.

I really like your heavy support selection!

Just some suggestions to get the ideas/ feedback flowing.

Wow! Thanks for the advice, fast and on point. I think your right about the Templar.

Nothing is set in stone yet, so I'm happy to make changes. I like the idea of the Terminator / Sig / medic roadblock in the Spartan. It's hellishly expensive, but I get that they don't need to earn their point back solo - they just need to be big and scary enough to let the heavy support do the work.

The thought occurred that I'm lacking in AA. I don't know my local meta well enough to tell if that'll actually be a problem, but I may have to find some points somewhere for a mortis or deredeo, or maybe flak rockets, probably in the place of the Scorpius.

Thanks again for the prompt advice, much appreciated!

I've revised the list with your advice in mind, here goes.

+++ If (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v42) (2500pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v202) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (385pts) +

Legion Centurion (155pts) [solarite Power Gauntlet, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Consul

Primus Medicae [support Officer]

Sigismund (230pts) [Master of the Legion]

+ Troops (1405pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (865pts) [2x Chainfist, Legion Terminator Squad, 8x Legion Terminators, 4x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Thunderhammer, 8x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield]

Legion Terminator Sergeant [Thunderhammer, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (270pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Veteran Tactical Squad, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]

Standard Wargear [bolt Pistols, Bolters, Chainswords/Combat Blades, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (270pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Veteran Tactical Squad, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]

Standard Wargear [bolt Pistols, Bolters, Chainswords/Combat Blades, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

+ Heavy Support (710pts) +

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (310pts) [Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (285pts)

Legion Vindicator Tank [Laser Destroyer Array, Machine Spirit]

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius (115pts)

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [ VII: Imperial Fists, Loyalist]

Rite of War [Pride of the Legion]

+ Force Organization +

Force Organization [Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List]

Battles in the Age of Darkness [ Age of Darkness Primary Detachment]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

In short, dropped one of the Medusa's, one of the vet squads, and swapped the Templars for the Termies and the Medicae. Tactics remain much the same, with Sigi in with the Termies and Medicae, while the vets stay back a little and try to protect the armour while it pounds the bad guys.

Still very vulnerable to air, but also still not sure how much of a problem that'll actually be in my local meta. If needs be I'll have to drop something (probably the scorpius and/or a medusa) and get some AA.

C&C appreciated.

I like!

A note on Tartaros terminator armour and vigil pattern storm shields; since the latest FW FAQ and Legion red book that combo is illegal.

You can either take it on cataphractii or pay more for standard (indominus) terminator armour.

I go for cataphractii (but use other models) as i don't think the extra cost for the ability to run is worth it.

That will save you some points - some of which need to go on a dozer blade for the Spartan!

Yeah. Thanks for pointing that out, sad though it makes me. 

I'd considered dropping something from my HS for Rapiers of some description, or for Apothecaries. I just really don't want to lose any of my Heavy Support.

As such i'd thought instead about switching to Stone Gauntlet. I can drop the vets for a couple of 10-man Breachers squads, get t5 on the Termies, and keep all my HS. Problem being that I don't really want breachers, particularly footslogging.  

Archived