········Calas Typhon

········Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour]
············Consul [siege Breaker]

+ Elites +

········Apothecarion Detachment
············Legion Apothecary
················Additional Wargear [Artificer Armour, Chainsword/Combat Blade]

········Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

········Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery [3x Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot]

+ Troops +

········Legion Tactical Squad [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
············Additional Wargear [bolters]
············Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

········Legion Tactical Squad [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
············Additional Wargear [bolters]
············Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Dozer Blade]
············Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

········Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]
············Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Dozer Blade]
············Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

+ Heavy Support +

········Grave Warden Terminator Squad [Chainfist, 4x Grave Warden Terminator]
············Chem-master [Combi-weapon, Rad Grenades]
············Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]

+ Legion +

········Legiones Astartes [ XIV: Death Guard, Traitor]

········Rite of War [The Reaping]

+ Force Organization +

········Force Organization
············Battles in the Age of Darkness [ Age of Darkness Primary Detachment]

+ Lords of War +

········Mortarion the Reaper

Created with BattleScribe

I think that for 2500 points, you have quite a lot of points tied up in typhon, mortarion and a spartan (about 1000 points on 3 "models"). I am trying to figure out for myself the best way to use grave wardens, but I think that a spartan is a very expensive way to move them and they don't necessarily want to be in assault.

If you want to go down the route of having a decent assault unit in a spartan, I would suggest swapping typhon for a praetor and swapping the grave wardens for deathshroud and putting them all in the spartan.

Also if you want to go a bit fluffier, lots of people prefer large foot slogging tactical squads, so you could swap the 2 10 mans for a second 20 man, get some extra CCW and rad grenades in there too perhaps.

The way I would want to run a praetor it would be the same points cost as typhon - artificer, powerfist, paragon blade, rad nades - what do you think with that then?

I like the wardens as they just chew through units in cover and is poisoned.

What assualt unit outside of deathshroud would you suggest? Isnt death guard more dispositioned towards volume of fire?

I would also take an iron halo on your praetor, otherwise the loadout looks solid.

A praetor with deathshroud terminators is a great assault unit to put in a spartan/assault transport, they're tough and can really chew through infantry.

Archived