Painting Blood Drop gems tip ....

Helias_Tancred

Hail Brothers!

I stumbled on a different way to paint the blood drop gems that are popular in our iconography found on our armor .... I used to do the typical khorne red, sickle of Meph red, another sickle of Evil Sunz, bottom crescent of Fire Dragon Bright, dot of White Scar, etc then coat with Ardcoat.

Now I just use Blood for the Blood God. Put on several coats, then a coat of ardcoat, and it looks good! So far I've been happy with the results!

Also this is probably old news but just in case some of you guys don't know this, another way of doing our eye lens is to paint them white (White Scar) and then coat with Waywatcher Green glaze. Eyes look good, sorta like a glow, and its fast and easy.

/salute

Any pics of any of the techniques people are talking about here (aside from the laborious multi-layered red-to-white with 'ardcoat since that's been around for a while)? GW's currently kinda crap at displaying the varied uses of their paints, I wasn't sold on the gemstone paints when I saw them and I've only ever seen BftBG used as a blood splatter paint (which is works very well at being).

I've been using waywatcher for lenses and I love it. BftBG is really nice for gems, also. I don't have a great picture of use for gems, but I used it down the length of the relic staff for my libby. Black, white drybrush, BftBG. It has a nice, glassy look to it. Hopefully the picture gives a good enough idea, I know it isn't the greatest quality.

11666123_945706062137440_930458831104329

Archived