BA DoS 2k

Mackenzie

Foot slogging list built from B@C and BoP plus some FW bits and limited releases I nabbed. I have yet to test this out, but I am hoping to do so soon.

+++ HH Wip (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v43) (2000pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v204) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (310pts) +

········Legion Centurion (130pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

············Consul

················Primus Medicae [support Officer]

········Legion Praetor Tribune (180pts) [Digital Lasers*, Iron Halo, Master of the Legion, Master-crafted Paragon Blade]

+ Elites (620pts) +

········Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon (165pts)

············Cortus Dreadnought [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

········Legion Terminator Squad (225pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, Legion Terminator Squad, 4x Legion Terminators, Plasma Blaster, 2x Power Fist]

············Legion Terminator Sergeant [Grenade Harness, Power Fist]

········Legion Terminator Squad (230pts) [Legion Terminator Squad, 4x Legion Terminators, 2x Pair of Lightning Claws, Reaper Autocannon, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

············Legion Terminator Sergeant [Grenade Harness]

+ Troops (1070pts) +

········Legion Tactical Squad (300pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

············Additional Wargear [Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters, Legion Vexilla]

············Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Fist]

············Standard Wargear [bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

········Legion Tactical Squad (300pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

············Additional Wargear [Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters, Legion Vexilla]

············Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Fist]

············Standard Wargear [bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

········Legion Tactical Support Squad (235pts) [9x Legion Space Marines, Support Squad, Volkite Calivers]

············Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

········Legion Tactical Support Squad (235pts) [9x Legion Space Marines, Support Squad, Volkite Calivers]

············Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour]

+ Legion +

········Legiones Astartes [ IX: Blood Angels, Loyalist]

········Rite of War [The Day of Sorrows]

+ Force Organization +

········Force Organization [Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List]

············Battles in the Age of Darkness [ Age of Darkness Primary Detachment]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

I would like to deploy this in a pincer style with the bolster blobs on the wings and the support squads just inside of that with the terminators and dred going up the center.

Your army is really going to struggle with medium/heavy armour. Also, without transports your opponent will be able to out manuver your infantry and pick them off on his terms. Plus 30k weapons are really good at killing MEQ

Your Legion Tactical squads don't really do anything. Bring them down to 10 and put them in Rhinos. That will keep them alive while more Killy stuff win the game

The support squads have reach and power so they can sit back on the home objective in cover and shoot stuff

The Legion terminators should be in a blob squad of 10 and in a Spartan. I would also equip them with more chainfists and assault cannons. (I guess you were going for a Death Star unit here with the Preator and Primus Medicae)

Contemptor is cool although as you have BA go dread CCWs with in built assault cannon.

Kudos for trying "Day of Sorrows". It's a pretty average Rite of War to be honest.

GraemePaul has outlined the best points already. But I will say this - lots of Marines on the board is actually pretty hard to deal with. If you get some anti-Tank into the list, it might work. :)

I see what you are saying, however I was going for more of what I had on hand without spending another $300 on tanks and more units. I do have several drop pods on hand and have been playing around with an Orbital Assault list since it grants DS to the terminators.

Does anyone have a link or pics/examples on how to model the inbuilt ACs on the DCCWs?

Archived