Ultramarines ZM/Boarding force 1500!

millest

Hi folks,

looking for some advice/checking of a FUN and fluffly 1500 point boarding force im planning for use in Zone Mortalis games. Its not overly meant to be a massive killer but just something fun and in keeping with the idea of a ships compliment of boarding marines.
So please have a look and let me know any thoughts and possible improvements for it.

HQ:
Siege breaker centurion with TH, combi melta and Shield – 132

Elites
Rapier battery 3x heavy bolter – 120

Troops
15 man Legion breacher squad with 3 meltas, vox, vex, combimelta & power weapon serg - 365
15 man Legion breacher squad with 3 meltas, vox, vex, combimelta & power weapon serg - 365
5 man legion support squad with flamers – 100
5 man legion support squad with volkite calivers – 125

Heavy support
Leviathan with cyclonic melta and siege claw – 290

Total 1497

You're better off with a regular centurion as the HQ as the siege breaker won't buff anyone else, you could take a delegatus and use the ZM assault force rite of war which would make the breachers more durable. Other than that it looks like a good list for ZM.

Are rapiers batteries good in ZM? Seems like a squad of three would have a fairly large footprint and would be hard to position if you're using a standard ZM board with lots of narrow halls and corners. If you're not using the Elites spots maybe split them into 3 separate units?

Also, any consensus on if they can move and shoot? It doesn't seem very well defined. Locally I think we have been letting them move and snap shot.

I second changing the consul to a delegatus - the ZM RoW is perfect for this list.

I'd also consider dropping the rapiers and getting a couple of apothecaries in AA to buff the 2 breacher units.

I don't see what the Voxs do so they could be dropped to save some more points?

cheers guys, had a look at it and can do the following:
drop to a delegatus, frees up points
the voxes are more for modelling
add an apoth in and use him to buff the commander

drop the volkites as i can only use 3 troop slots
end up with:

HQ:

delegatus TH, bolter and Shield – 102

Elites

apoth - 45

cortus with two chainfists with bolters and melta - 170
Rapier battery 3x heavy bolter – 120

Troops
15 man Legion breacher squad with 3 meltas, bolter & power weapon serg - 330
15 man Legion breacher squad with 3 meltas, bolter & power weapon serg - 330
5 man legion support squad with flamers – 100

Heavy support
Leviathan with cyclonic melta and siege claw – 290

Total 1497

my normal city fight infantry force would be the same but swap the cortus for the volkite unit and split the breachers down to 10 man units

There's limited need to take 2 x chainfists. You could use the points to give AA to the TSS Sgt.

I'd drop a rapier to give AA to the breacher sgts, delegatus and put vexilla on the breachers. I think the chances of getting all 3 rapiers firing down a corridor will be relatively remote.

Archived