Imperial Fists Redux!

Redfinger

So once upon a time, long ago I started an IF project, paint the entire 5th company!

Original thread - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/244195-imperial-fist-5th-company-wippicture-heavy/

Well I eventually did finish, and sold it. Horrible mistake, I really wish i would have kept that army. For the past year I have vacillated between various chapters, including home brew, but I keep coming back to the IF's. So I am committing my self to a new IF project, with a twist!

This time I will be painting the entire 3rd company. However, I will be changing the appearance up a bit. I have always loved the yellow, but thought it would look cool to paint the IF's in their original legion scheme. The second thing is that all the marines will be outfitted in the mk VIII armor. I love the extra armored look of this armor and I think it fits the aesthetic for the IF's quite well.

So with that being said, here is the first mini, tactical trooper 3rd company, 1st squad. I am using a mix of decal sheets from Forgeworld and GW, I also have some custom decals coming as well.

For my first couple of units I will not be doing much by way of conversions, I want to keep it pretty simple to start, as things progress I will get back in to reposing some of my marines like I had before.

gallery_54980_12755_18040.jpg

gallery_54980_12755_45130.jpg

Just about done with marine number 2, exploring how to paint helmet-less heads and torso's that have an Aquila. He just needs some decals and the base to be done. Now that I have the scheme and method all worked out I will finish rounding out my HQ and my first 2 troops.

gallery_54980_12755_42979.jpg

Archived