Under what circumstances the Angel returns?

I'm not sure why fluffwise the idea would be abhorrent. It all seems in keeping with the nids, and if the Bangels can't get his body out in time, well, the nids can do what they want with that genetic material. (Although it might backfire, who knows what sort of influence even a dead primarch would have on the hive mind.) I do understand it being abhorrent from a hobby perspective though, because mainly it would deny a cool model to the Bangel players who likely won't get something equivalent (unless Sanguinor/Spirit Sangy come back separately).

I could be okay with the idea if Sanguinius himself comes to represent both sides of the BA coin - his body being a crazy beast (either as a Tyranid or just a soulless husk that kills indiscriminately) and then a souped up version of the Sanguinor representing his glorious and noble soul.  But, I doubt something like that would happen, even if Sanguinius does come back.

Well, sanguinius himself wouldn't come back under control of the nids,as some posts seem to imply: he'd get eaten, broken down into molecules and absorbed.

Some of his magic genetic abilities would then be added to the hive fleet. An example is when space marines were first eaten, the hive evolved organisms with fused rib plates, like marines, leading to the first Hive Guard.

What we'd just likely see if the nids ate Sanguinius's body would be bugs with extremely luscious hair.

Also, maybe precognition mutation, so future viewing bugs like in Edge of Tomorrow. Or the desire to drink blood. Heck, since the black rage is gene coded, he might pass the rage onto then hive fleets which would then consume themselves in their fury.

I think if Tyranids got a primarchs body, that primarch himself would likely come back as a Tyranid thing. Vaguely influencing new units wouldn't have the same draw, I don't think. But I do agree from an in universe logic standpoint that it'd be as you say.

What if it went into a Genestealer cults kinda gig?

He becomes a demagogue, almost his normal appearance but subtle differences using his influence and psychic power to subdue worlds ready for the have minds taking.

That, and they breed more.

Although, with Magnus and now Mortarion appearing, the obvious narrative counter is at least some loyalist Primarchs will make a comeback...

That much is so clear it's hardly worth calling it a rumour anymore. All that's left is GW saying 'yes'. :D

Almost just as clear tho is that it won't be Sanguinius. At least not as first returning loyal primarch.

As I said back in a previous post, I think there is groundwork for him coming back (please not as a nid). You have the visions from various blood angels characters, other primarches doing similar things (Vulcan regenerating, ferrus potentially being in the warp), and multiple theories relating to the Sanguinor. If the writing is done well and not ridiculous then I have no issue with it.

Saying that though, I would personally want to see him changed. Imo if he comes back himself he may be prone to bouts of rage, maybe he increases the black rage( or lessens it), maybe he goes teenager mode and stays in his room most of the time because of what Horus did to him.

Alternatively if he returns through the sanguinor (the primarchs noble side) maybe we get a second sanguinor in black armour who is the embodiement of his darker side. (Imagine having a sanguinor in an aggressive pose, black armour and a massive axe

Although, with Magnus and now Mortarion appearing, the obvious narrative counter is at least some loyalist Primarchs will make a comeback...

That much is so clear it's hardly worth calling it a rumour anymore. All that's left is GW saying 'yes'. :D

Almost just as clear tho is that it won't be Sanguinius. At least not as first returning loyal primarch.

Nah, they'd have to save him for last :D

Personally , I believe that the Sanguinor is a fragment of Sanguinius. It exists as a warp entity that can manifest when enough Blood Angels with belief/conviction/desperate prayers are gathered in a single location.

And, similar to fragment of another primarch, perhaps all it needs is a host to house that spark.

In short: Sanguinius is dead, but fragments of his soul live on, represented by the Black Rage and Sanguinor.

Hell, perhaps the black rage will coalesce into a sort of Dearh Company sanguinor

Archived