Last Question :) Unnamed Successors or the Glorious 3rd?

Here is a few pics of a colour scheme I was thinking of or do I go for nostalgia and go 3rd Company under the greatest Blood Angel Captain Tycho.

I have always had a soft spot for Tycho and his death story is without a doubt one of my favourite pieces of 40k Lore.

Its a test so a few bits not complete :)

What says the mighty Blood Angel Frater?

Really love the blue scheme. I always like looking at the successor chapters that people have created so I'd love to see how you develop it. However the Armageddon campaign was one of the things which got me into the hobby in a big way so I'm always a fan of Tycho.

An incredibly useful answer I know as I've not actually come down on one side or the other, but at the end of the day Id say go with whichever you're going to enjoy doing more.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been nearly 2 weeks, I can't think of a suitable theme for my Successors..

In my research I found that the Blood Angels are a mix of so many cultures, Roman, Greek etc, but you throw and I hate to use the term Vampires into the mix. The naming convention of Successors play on the Blood Part too much too. Given my colour scheme I have made this very hard to play to that archetype. 

When I do Successors I like a good reason thats believable.

I did think of using Russian names like Alexei/Alexander, and going with the obsession with flame. But does that put them more like Salamanders? (Flamer wise)

Chapter Name wise 

• Zealots of the Emperor
  • Sons of Kerensky (How many will get that reference) :)
  • Cerulean Guard

Important parts.

• Russian Archetypes/Names
  • First Chapter Master was a Blood Angel who was into ancient Terran history (I might be wrong but BA seem to have a love of art and history)
  • Flamers are their preferred Weapons.
  • Chaplains are a major part to the point a Chaplain can be Chapter Master (Known as the Lord Confessor)
  • Fanatics they see the Emperor as a God and Sanguinius as his most Holy Son. 

Does flame obsession = flames on the armour?

The Great Father would like the second name. There is a danger in naming your chapter after other fantasy/sci-fi settings/characters though.

I think the blue is awesome, and I agree that the pauldron color could be grey as an alternative to black.

Since the BA are Renaissance inspired (original architecture, names, the whole rebirth from a terrible life, etc) with a more Western European Renaissance theme, maybe take that same era with the Russians (which would be around the Time of Troubles). So possibly look at some names of historic Eastern European units from the late 1300-1600's.

As an example, Angels of Kovak maybe? I got Kovak from Kiev. Kovak can be their homeworld that they found/liberated/whatever or maybe their first Chapter Master.

So I guess that second name you got was good, sorry I missed that!

But personally I would recommend at least having Angels in there. So instead of Sons of Kerensky, Angels of Kerensky.

Well its been nearly 2 weeks, I can't think of a suitable theme for my Successors..

In my research I found that the Blood Angels are a mix of so many cultures, Roman, Greek etc, but you throw and I hate to use the term Vampires into the mix. The naming convention of Successors play on the Blood Part too much too. Given my colour scheme I have made this very hard to play to that archetype.

I did think of using Russian names like Alexei/Alexander, and going with the obsession with flame. But does that put them more like Salamanders? (Flamer wise)

Chapter Name wise

• Zealots of the Emperor
  • Sons of Kerensky (How many will get that reference) smile.png
  • Cerulean Guard

Important parts.

• First Chapter Master was a Blood Angel who was into ancient Terran history (I might be wrong but BA seem to have a love of art and history)
  • Chaplains are a major part to the point a Chaplain can be Chapter Master (Known as the Lord Confessor)

Chapter Name wise

• Zealots of the Emperor
  • Sons of Kerensky (How many will get that reference) smile.png
  • Cerulean Guard

Important parts.

Blue blood is often a sign of purity or nobility.

A little wikipedia reading shows that Blue flames come from either copper chloride or butane...not sure where that could go.

looking up russian nobility can lead you to some interesting words to write in, but you could call them the Blue Court or maybe the Emperor's Court, Sanguine Court?

-DR

Yeah, or the Angelic Duma or something like that. Also, where as BA captains are often known as Lords and Dante is the Lord Commander, I would recommend going the Russian nobility route as well. Not necessarily anything specific but maybe something like Prince (for chapter master or captains, and maybe add a Grand for the chapter master, so Grand Prince or Great Prince), Boyar, Grand Lord (rather than Grand Duke), etc. I assume they get a lot of their Russian influence from their homeworld (so it bleeds in from the recruits?) Personally that would be a better explaination then super ancient and lost history lessons. Planetary culture will make a pretty big difference.

I like Duma.... So the Chapter Council as a collective is the Angelic Duma or Duma Angelic?

I wonder if Prince is too much? 

Grand Duke (Chapter Master) - Duke (Captain) - Grand Duke/Duke or possible Grand Prince/Prince being the formal? Lord Commander and Commander being the standard like the Blood Angels?

2 more names for contention then? Angels of Kovac/Vaska

Archived