Belisarius Cawl assembly

Rosco151

Fellow Magos'. I have obtained Belisarius Cawl, but unfortunately no instructions to assemble him. Not wishing to be struck down by the Omnissiah for improper procedure, would anyone be able to provide the required data, or possibly a vague noospheric pointer to its location?

Just finished mine:

aimg_278172ubp.jpg

Only modifications are the missing rear servo skull (Vel'Cona is right, mine already broke off its cable when cleaning mold lines), the missing book (I find it ridiculous, and can use it for better purposes) and the shortened belly mechadendrite. This way the latter lines up with the surrounding parts, makes it easier to transport without breaking, and no one will notice anyway.

As for sub-assemblies:

The lower part can be built and painted in one go, no problem. For the upper part, I built and painted in layers. Leave off all arms and the top carapace side parts, so I still get access to the armour and big cog-wheel, and finish that. Then add the next "layer" of parts, like the left fleshy arm and the tiny servo arms and typewriter, and paint those. Biggest sub-assemblies were both weapon systems (the claw thing and the gun), those and the power axe should be painted separately and glued on last. The hood was no problem for me, first I painted the face underneath, then I slid on the entire hood assembly.

That's a really nice Cawl. I've got to second that the green came out really well, and I'm glad to see that he looks just fine without the book. I'm certainly planning to leave it off mine when I get around to putting him together.

Are there optimal subassemblies?

You might want to take a look at the Warhammer TV painting guide. Duncan goes over his recommended sub-assemblies in it.

I'm currently painting mine is subassemblies and I wish I wouldn't have put the arms on the upper torso. I also had problems getting the hood on, but I think it's pretty essential to keep it off until the face is painted. Maybe leave it in halves until you're ready to add it, and just paint the inner surface? 

But yeah, as many have mentioned the legs are pretty simple to do all in one piece. I did the entire torso, sans the axe arm and left the hood off. If I were to do it again I would have left off the Arc Scourge, Solar Atomizer, and the belly arms until I painted up the robes and stuff. It was really hard to reach some of this detail once assembled. There are so many cables and stuff connecting everything I think it might cause other problems,  but ultimately it would have been faster and cleaner to keep as much separate as possible. 

Just finished mine:

aimg_278172ubp.jpg

Only modifications are the missing rear servo skull (Vel'Cona is right, mine already broke off its cable when cleaning mold lines), the missing book (I find it ridiculous, and can use it for better purposes) and the shortened belly mechadendrite. This way the latter lines up with the surrounding parts, makes it easier to transport without breaking, and no one will notice anyway.

As for sub-assemblies:

The lower part can be built and painted in one go, no problem. For the upper part, I built and painted in layers. Leave off all arms and the top carapace side parts, so I still get access to the armour and big cog-wheel, and finish that. Then add the next "layer" of parts, like the left fleshy arm and the tiny servo arms and typewriter, and paint those. Biggest sub-assemblies were both weapon systems (the claw thing and the gun), those and the power axe should be painted separately and glued on last. The hood was no problem for me, first I painted the face underneath, then I slid on the entire hood assembly.

You did a great job. My model arrived yesterday, I checked it out, and it intimidates the heck out of me.

Don't worry Prot you will be fine! I finished mine a couple of days ago and all I can say is that keep the model in at least 3 pieces (legs, torso, and 1 arm holding the axe). It makes painting the tubes a lot easier but some parts are still a pain. If I had to do it again I would leave the guns off too. I like the model though.

IMG 1328

IMG 1326

I like the green !

Thanks, that's really easy to do. Just paint it white, and put a big drop of Waywatcher Green on it. Vibrant, glowing green.

agreed the green looks really nice.

any idea if theres a way to do this with blue?

For my admech sofar (say for example the globes etc on my dominus) i have a blue instead of green that i shade up from a darker blue (the fang) to lothern blue/fang 50/50 then lothern blue.

Only blue glaze i can see that GW do is glliman blue, but i have a feeling that might be a bit dark for what i want (soz,  know that's a bit vague but ill need to take a photo later)

I like the green !

Thanks, that's really easy to do. Just paint it white, and put a big drop of Waywatcher Green on it. Vibrant, glowing green.

For my admech sofar (say for example the globes etc on my dominus) i have a blue instead of green that i shade up from a darker blue (the fang) to lothern blue/fang 50/50 then lothern blue.

Only blue glaze i can see that GW do is glliman blue, but i have a feeling that might be a bit dark for what i want (soz,  know that's a bit vague but ill need to take a photo later)

Did this with blue on my arc weaponry. Lorthern blue basecoat, then Girlyman blue. A white basecoat leads to weird color gradients...

breachereosdo.jpg

I like the green !

Did this with blue on my arc weaponry. Lorthern blue basecoat, then Girlyman blue. A white basecoat leads to weird color gradients...

breachereosdo.jpg

awesome, that looks pretty much like exactly what im going for. Cheers!!

Archived