2500 pts Iron hands

Ignatius Numen

Hey new here on B&C and would like some thoughts on my 2500 pts Iron hands Head of the Gorgon list.

RITE OF WAR: Head of the Gorgon

Hq: Legion prator- AA, Paragon blade, iron halo, cyber familiar, Volkite charger. 180 (in Spartan)

Hq: Master of Signal- AA, Volkite charger, refractor field, cyber familiar 140 (in Spartan)

Troops: 10 man tactical squad, nuncio vox, melta bomb, rhino. 175 (outflank)

Troops: 10 man tactical squad, nuncio vox, melta bomb, rhino 175 (outflank)

Troops: 10 man tactical squad, rhino 160 (home objective camp)

Elite:3x Rapier quad mortars with frag shells 180

Elite: 20x medusan immortals with Volkite chargers 470 (in Spartan)

Heavy support: spartan assault tank, flare sheild, 350 (outflank)

Heavy support: Sicaran battle tank, heavy bolter sponsons, extra heavy bolter 195  (outflank)

Heavy support: predator squadron 3 tanks- All lascannons sponsons, 2 predator autocannons, 1 plasma destroyer with machine spirit, all extra armour, tank commander. 475 (outflank)

2500 pts

So far the only problem i see is some squads are not heavily equipped and not much in my deployment end but i have lots of firepower outflanking to hopefully compensate.

The master of signal doesn't add too much here plus he's best taken bare bones to get the best value. Would you consider dropping some of the immortals (they're not really fantastic)?

You could replace them with terminators (who score) to add some CC punch to the army. At the moment the Praetor won't get too much use out of the paragon blade.

Ok good points, my thinking with the MOS was he'd give everyone +1 BS so the immortals with volkites are getting maximum hits. But no point in giving him a Volkite as he cant shoot if he boosts theit BS. I like the immortals because of their fnp and iv had them live so long when they should have died 100 times by phosphorex bombardment. Im also currently waiting for my Gorgon terminators to arrive its been a long wait. Sooo until the terminators get here maybe downtune the praetor and do you think the MOS is worth the +1BS?

If you are taking Thudd Guns why don't you take phosphex? There is a huge difference with Frag and Phosphex.

Just did a tactics article in my native language in which I compared different shells along with some other options.

If you get 2.5 models under a template in somewhat optimal conditions with Frag and 3.0 with Phosphex due Crawling Fire you kill 2.23 3+ marines with Frags vs. 8.0 with Phosphex per shooting Rapier.

If you are taking Thudd Guns why don't you take phosphex? There is a huge difference with Frag and Phosphex.

Just did a tactics article in my native language in which I compared different shells along with some other options.

If you get 2.5 models under a template in somewhat optimal conditions with Frag and 3.0 with Phosphex due Crawling Fire you kill 2.23 3+ marines with Frags vs. 8.0 with Phosphex per shooting Rapier.

What would be the point really? I mean the then has to drop the MOS which is fine then it opens up Phosphex yeah cool, but now whats the Siege Breaker going to? He has no unit with Heavy weapons that will benefit from the Tank hunter rule.

I would say grab shatter shells and a chaplain giving Zealot and fear to the Immortals is a great buff over BS 5.

In my original list i had a seigebreaker consul to get the phosphorex shells because yes they do annilate tactical squads like nothing but as robocaster said i couldnt find anywhere for him to go with his perks and id lose the mos which iv had good luck with. I still have good luck with frag shells and im not sure what i would switch the thudd guns out with for the same points, maybe a pair of whirlwind scorpius's but not sure.

Currently im changing the MOS to bare bones no refractor field or Volkite or anything. Then the prator i want to give a power fist instead of paragon blade and I might downgrade him to a delegatus. That would free up a few points anyway and the powerfist would at least make that squad useful for anti armour if I need and can hit more times than giving him 1 melta bomb.

Archived