Kingsblade!

Just downloaded the new Kingsblade novel, about two Imperial Knights saving a world. I really enjoyed the Knights of the Imperium novel, as it showed us a different side of human culture in 40k.

This thread is to open a discussion on the fluff and direction of the Imperial Knight IP so far, anticipations, wants, criticisms (on the fluff and IP, not GW as a company), the models, codex, and any opinions on this topic.

For starters, I love that the Knight Worlds form a third empire to the AdMech and Imperium of Man. They supply bulk raw materials to the AdMech for processing into needed goods for the Imperium in exchange for technology and transportation. They exist as a separate government of independent yet culturally linked states with a society defined by pre-FTL coding someone inserted into the Pilot Throne base code before humans left Earth for the first time.

I'll be starting Kingsblade today, so try to use Spoiler tags when covering book details, please!

SJ

Haven't read any pure Imperial Knight novel. I think the Knight worlds are a really cool idea. From what I know most of them are ruled by the local monarchy and the common folks there lead a simple life as peasants that may not even have seen the modern tech the rest of the Imperium uses. Having these feudal almost medieval planets sprinkled in between all the Sci-Fi makes for some awesome storytelling where every Knight Pilot is viewed as a legend among the common people, someone destined for great things. The whole nobility also feels a bit... purer than any other faction. The Knight Pilots get backed up by the knowledge of every previous Pilot that may have sat in the cockpit and there is a great sense of honour and connection to the people that look up to them. Sure, the Space Marines are looked up to too but they are so emotionally distant to the common people that it doesn't really inspire me. But a Knight Pilot is someone who has lived his whole life alongside nobles and kings. He knows the faces of the people working in the fields and to them he is the holy shield for their whole planet.  

Knights of the Imperium should be a near-compulsory read for Mechanicus and/or Knight players. It has really cool and quite critical info in it. Including:

Regarding the way the Mechanicus operates:

Data Proctors, the terrifying inquisition-like agents of the Mechanicus

Regarding the religion of the Mechanicus:
Binaric Saints and Apostles

Regarding the Knight forces operate:
The crucial role of the partners of Knight pilots on a political level as well as that exceptions such as female knights do exist.