New BA. Assembly WYSIWYG

Karse88

Greetings,

Finally starting to use the forum! been long underway! I hope i stay within the rules, there were many smile.png

So! I just spend a vast amount of money on starting up warhammer once again and a lot has changed!

I hoped the guys on the forum, who really know BA/the new rules had a few pointers for a noob-vampyre such as myself!

how Strict are the WYSIWYG in general? is it EVERYTHING on the model or just a unit with melta weapons has melta weapons.. I assemblied a rhino and put a bolter on top - not glued, but i hoped i didn't have to pay for a bolter to bring it? :)

I also thought about a unit with 4 plasma pistols and 1 flamer - could i field a unit of 5 plasma pistols or would that be bad taste if one of the models actually had a flamer? :/

If you are playing blood Angels, your assault squads can take melta guns...And you got access to melts pistols.

Idk if loyalists can take it, but on your captain, if all else fails take a powerfist and lightning claw. +1 attack, options for ap3 with shred or double strength ap2 at i1.

Your units options are located in their data sheets in the codex. Most tax marines are said to come with bolters, bolt pistols as well as frag and krak grenades with various options.

Wysiwyg is important because it allows your opponent to know what they are fighting. Idk if there are any units (vanguard vets? Death company?) That can take more than 2 plasma pistols, but unless you are doing it because plasma pistols tickle your fancy, they are garbage upgrades that kill your own guys more often than they kill enemies (in my experience)

If you are playing blood Angels, your assault squads can take melta guns...And you got access to melts pistols.

I just edited the post! i thought i placed this in a bit of the wrong place :/ But i still need help with the visiual part :) - in any case, i'll look into the melta weapons!

Ah. Well, again wysiwyg isn't necessarily "law" because I assure you, if I could put powerfists, plasma grenades and meltabombs on my warp talons, Khârn on a Juggernaught, and pulse carbines (or those new fancy Tau shotguns) on my cultists, and not pay points for them but count as having them-I would.

Every aspiring champion would have a stormshield. Tactical squads with bolters would be a thing of the past-they'd rock plasma guns. And terminators would have full special and heavy weapons.

All my rhinos would be modeled with landraider assault ramps.

I would make Chaos Great again if wysiwyg could be abused in such a way...

There's a difference between WYSIWYG and unit restrictions.

Unit restriction - a BA assault squad can only have 2 models maximum equipped with a meltagun
WYSIWYG - if you say assault marine 1 & 2 have meltaguns, they must have meltaguns or an alternative that is consistent across the army and does not resemble another weapon in a way that causes confusion.

WYSIWYG tends to be a bit more relaxed on compulsory, but supplementary equipment like grenades, but primary weapons should always be represented.

A squad with 4 plasma pistols and a flamer is perhaps only be possible with a BA Command squad (and that would be a waste of the options available). No other unit that can take both flamers and plasma pistols would be able to do so in that configuration. An assault squad could get the 4 pistols - 2 marines with one pistol, gunslinging sergeant with 2 - but would not be able to take the flamer; one of the plasma pistol armed marines would have to take a flamer instead of the pistol.

If you want to know the options available to your marines there's really no substitute for just sitting there with the codex for a while.

Im sorry if i was to vague in my explanation! :) i had to edit the whole thing just before work! :)

What i wanted help with, was to assemble units after what is good/used :).. I know of the restrictions, "up to two SM may replace their bolt pistols with one of the following" - 2 marines can have flamers or meltaguns etc.

Since i'm new to the hobby and want to assemble things right, I hope for good advice for what people USUALLY put on their troops :) Flamers OR melta as an example :)
A lot of people talk about melta weapons as being God :b how do you guys run your Assault unit against Tau/armor-shooty

Nice reminder with the difference, showing which in the unit might have a special weapon! i will remember that :)

Archived