Strike Force Bastion - Servants of Mars

Sete

So in my quest to find the perfect army and after a second read of Master of Mankind, I decided to make a small Task force consisting of Custodes with Sentinel Spears (sentinel blades rules) and stormshields, with some sisters of silence.

But I needed meat for the main army. So I decided to go for Skitarii.

It fits my headfluff of a task force looking for a fix for the Golden Throne.

For that I need the tech dudes obviously, along with the most trusted servants of the Emperor.

Now I intend to buy a start collecting box tomorrow, but how should I build the Onager?

From a quick look on Battlescribe, the

Eradication beam seems like a fun thing to have.

But I need field expertise.

Also special weapons on skitarii rangers, which ones?

Cheers ;)

I went with the Beamer on the Onagers (I like the idea of being very aggressive with a trio of them, with manipulators too).

Similarly I went with the big arquebus on the rangers (2*(5w/2 aqruebus)), then Thirty Vanguard (one with three plasma, one bare, one with three arc).

It's fun enough, but I confess the TUA haven't been amazing. Arc Rifles are pretty dandy too, but even just leaving the rangers cheap for objective grabbing is maybe useful.

Otherwise-the neutron laser is only very rarely going to be useless. It's expensive, and often overkill - but there's something heartily wholesome about how potent it is, meaning it's quite easy to make good use of too.

Well I'm considering the Onager for veichle kill so the laser seems pretty nice and I can still use the blast and 2 stubbers for infantry if need be.

Skitarii will be chaff and Custodes can deep strike and with 2+ 3++ they will hold.

My main problem is sisters of silence really. No veichle options. :)

The laser seems like a good choice.

With the abundance of haywire that Skitarii can bring, you don't often need a lot of dedicated high S low AP weapons for anti AV - thought it certainly doesn't help.

A Lone onager with the anti-air thing is meta dependent, but WOWSA that thing is insane with good targets.

In this type of list I have no idea what to do with the SoS.  Without an allied transport to jump in they just have to walk around, which is a pretty big issue.  One thought is to join a Dominus to them and buff him up for tanking, though he'll falter versus S10 or ID guns.

My meta does not use too many flyers.

The SoS is my only issue with the list while we don't get proper 40k rules.

Well later on I could add a Valkyries from the Agents codex.

Sisters can embark it on reserve right? (Rather use a rhino :/ )

Problem solved.

The knight will have to wait tho.

Magnetize the Onager. Pretty damn easy and you can use everything despite the Icarus (you can also magnetize this, but more complicated I guess).

Do you want Rangers or Vanguard? You can field both in the Dominus Maniple. Rangers with TA are stylish, but not very effektive. Arc is way better.

Most of the time Vanguard are better, with Plasma, Arc or naked, depending on the meta / opponent.

Yup yup. If you're only going to have one (for now - you are a gamer), then a magnetized Onager is a must. Sadly, you'll only be able to do three of the four options (the Phospher Blaster and the Icarus both use the same mounting bracket, and there's only one in the kit).

med_gallery_80588_12007_33208.jpgmed_gallery_80588_12007_55930.jpgmed_gallery_80588_12007_74892.jpg

Archived