New to 30k looking SW list c&c

Rune Priest  Jbickb

Hmm ok then.

What if I were to swap the speeders for a Sicaran venator with lascannon sponsons would that be sufficient? Or should I swap a grey slayers pack for that instead?

Honestly my suggestion would be cut points from the varagyr 545 for 10 1w terminators with litterally no useful special rules is just insane. I'd almost be inclined to swap them for Tartaros so Russ and friends can sweep.

A Sicaran Venator is defintely a good choice but I wouldn't give it lascannons as the main gun is ordinance so other weapons can only snap fire.

Speeders are decent they burn off hull points so I'd keep them as long as you can protect them. I personally prefer Javelins but either variant does work.

So looking at your suggestions, here is what I arrived at

4000 pts

RoW- Bloodied claw

LOW

Lehman Russ 455

HQs

Hvarl red blade 210

Terminator command squad, land raider phobos DB AC, 4 t-terminator, heavy flamer, 3 volkite charger, 2 axe 2 sword 386

Priest of Fenris, speaker of the dead Artificer armor great frost blade melta bomb 130

Priest of Fenris, speaker of the dead, C-terminator great frost blade 125

Wolf kin of Russ 100

Elites

Varagyr 5x PF claw, 1 heavy flamer frost axe, 1 Thunder hammerfrost blade 399

Spartan flare shields DB, AC 375

Troops

20 grey slayers, huscarl PF combat shield AA, 4 power fist, 4 power sword, 4 power axe 7 combat shields

10 Grey slayers huscarl PF combat shield AA, 3 power axe, 2 power fist, 5 combat shield, rhino DB 235

10 Grey slayers huscarl PF combat shield AA, 3 power axe, 2 power fist, 5 combat shield, rhino DB 235

Fast attack

Lightning, 2 kraken, battle servitors, ground tracking, 230

2 javelin land speeders lascannon multimelta 150

Heavy support

Spartan flare shields DB, AC 375

Sicaran venator AC 210

the 20 man grey slayers go with the AA Speaker in the HS Spartan.

Russ, Wolf kin, and the terminator Speaker in with the varagyr in their

I get why tartaros would be better, but I feel the need to roll with the varagyr just because space wolves, otherwise I saw the benefit of your suggestions. I dropped the vigilator for the wolves as I figured they were fluffier (no pun intended) and also 8 wounds instead of 2 for basically the same cost. The javelin load out was a guess, but I figured with their speed the mm would kick in pretty early and the last cannon can get the work done if the mm is out of range.

Archived