WiP - Kastellan Robot,Ryza.

MithrilForge

While i like the Robbie/PEACE (from Bakshi's Wizards) hood-like head you did a great job with your version!

Thanks for the Like Batty msn-wink.gif

i'm playing titanfall 2 at the moment and all the Mech tech and cool pilot helmets got me inspired to go back to these Bots and do something as i was clueless on what to do way back when i made my skitarri army...

cheers Mithril

I love that colour scheme! I had a test model very similar to that but you've executed it much better. That white is really nice. It looks nicely shaded but remains really bold. I like the decision to paint the ends of the arms black. I was actually trying to decide what to do with those myself a few days ago and I painted them the same colour as the rest of the arms. The detail on the lenses looks nice and smooth too. Nice going! :)

White and orange look great thumbsup.gif I think the lenses work very well too so you should be doing more like this msn-wink.gif

Oh yes!, now that i know it looks good.. i intend to yes.gif

thanks for the feedback and likes guys,inspires me to finish him off and start on the next one...but he needs a simple green bath first as i painted it Gold like c3po wallbash.gif failed experiment...sad.png

cheers,Mithril

White and orange look great thumbsup.gif I think the lenses work very well too so you should be doing more like this msn-wink.gif

Oh yes!, now that i know it looks good.. i intend to yes.gif

thanks for the feedback and likes guys,inspires me to finish him off and start on the next one...but he needs a simple green bath first as i painted it Gold like c3po wallbash.gif failed experiment...sad.png

cheers,Mithril

Nah don't simple green the other guy! You can have 3P0, R2 and this one can be BB-8 :P

Nah don't simple green the other guy! You can have 3P0, R2 and this one can be BB-8 tongue.png

Oh Dear (face Palm) i didn't intentionally mean to paint him in BB-8's colours blush.png , as cool as BB-8 is i don't want to give that impression unsure.png

Nice pick up there though Reyner msn-wink.gif .

Thanks for the like Vel, the paint job was actually supposed to be Ryza's colours sweat.gif

cheers, Mithril

I wouldn't take it as a negative on the paintjob, mithril!  It really does look great and the additional bits on the 'bot's head add tons of character.  AFAIK, everyone loved BB-8 so maybe this was an unconscious decision on your part?  :P

Nah don't simple green the other guy! You can have 3P0, R2 and this one can be BB-8 tongue.png

Oh Dear (face Palm) i didn't intentionally mean to paint him in BB-8's colours blush.png , as cool as BB-8 is i don't want to give that impression unsure.png

Nice pick up there though Reyner msn-wink.gif .

Thanks for the like Vel, the paint job was actually supposed to be Ryza's colours sweat.gif

cheers, Mithril

Nah the paintjob doesn't scream BB-8 lol (and does work nicely as Ryza) I just remembered your Star Wars themed Mechanicum from a while back :P and my mind just made the connection haha!

Nah the paintjob doesn't scream BB-8 lol (and does work nicely as Ryza) I just remembered your Star Wars themed Mechanicum from a while back tongue.png and my mind just made the connection haha!

Damn sir you have quite the memory there, yes i was trying to theme my skit's on a star wars theme but ran into the problem of the empire having like 4 colours for everything rolleyesclean.gif

black,grey, white and red... you have given me pause though as i scrapped 3po's head cause it looked like the mechanical owl from clash of the titans blush.png, see below...

med_gallery_9146_6928_1310160.jpg

perhaps a redo on the head with my new found lenses may help...and a General theme of star wars may be still doable...?

work on the new head begins tonight...

gallery_9146_6928_18695.jpg

... and i guess i have to put the letters BB-8 on the other one somewhere teehee.gif

cheers Mithril

ps - Reyner ,thanks for rekindling a lost flame...

haha i found some WiP stuff from the vault and need to dust em off and finish them since i have started this project again...

Lord Vader- my son had a vader figurine and broke the red lightsaber part off...i do remember keeping it for this model...ph34r.png

med_gallery_9146_6928_687198.jpg

A Stormtrooper (Tatooine Pattern happy.png ) - this is very WiP...and since doing this guy i discovered an easier way to do white * see Kastelan at top of page teehee.gif

med_gallery_9146_6928_766533.jpg

i do recall painting up a ranger to look like a Tusken raider (Sand people) but finding it just didn't work...idea's needed?...perhaps "Rogue One" might help me out on this one...

anyways i hope to re start on these guys and get some more pics of WiP's and Finished ones up soon.

Cheers Mithril

Archived