2.5K Chymeriae Black Shields

Plaguecaster

Well my current Black Shield project seems to be dragging on so thought I should try organising it bit more so Im more motivated to try assemble 2500pts as there may be heresy style battle at my club since its taking off quite well

Wrought by War : Chymeriae option one for +1 to T and S but - I and to both run and charge distance with no sweeping

HQ

Librarian 155pts

Mastery level 2 (santic powers) force sword and power axe, artificier armour, refractor field, melta bombs

Reaver Lord 195pts

Artificier Armour, master crafted power axe, melta bombs, rad grenades, Boarding Shield, Cyber Familiar

Elites

Cortus Talon

2 cortus dreadnoughts with dual twin liked lascannons

Cortus Dreadnought 160

Multi melta, chainfist with meltagun

Cortus Dreadnought 160

Apothecarion detachment 220pts

1 apothecary with artificier armour, power sword and augury scanner

2 apothecaries with jump pack, power sword and augury acanner

Troops

10 assult marines 210pts

2 hand flamers, seargeant with powerfist

10 assult marines 210pts

2 hand flamers, seargeant with powerfist

12 mauraders 272pts

2 meltaguns, pariah bolters, chief with thunder hammer

(with bolters more for fact I couldnt get ahold of a heap of shotgun bits)

Heavy Support

Deredero Dreadnought 275pts

plasma cannode, aiolos missile launcher, armoured cremite

7 heavy support marine 260pts

missile launchers with Flakk Missiles

More of an all infantry force suported by dreads. I probably have little anti tank with lascannon dreads and missile launcher squad who will probably more glance something to death though banking on the squads getting close enough for the seargeants to use their STR 10 power fists or thunder hammer on any vehicles I can't deal with the ranged fire.

Taking plasma Deredero as I am love plasma and it looks cooler plus he can hunt elite armoured units with the mauraders (just sucks they can't take combat shields as they would be brutal especially backed up by the librarian buffing them with Santic)

mauraders are joined by the Reaver Lord and librarian who will be rolling santic for the sheer fun of mobile deep striking, STR 8 mauraders and the dreaded D vortex :D

I've mentioned this in other threads, it is completely upto personal preference, but I don't think cortus dreadnoughts are a good option for long range support. You're paying points for the overcharge (forget the proper name) and none of the bonuses are really useful for ranged support. I would look at swapping the 2 lascannon cortus dreadnoughts for a mortis dreadnought, which will give you more anti air and it has better defensive stats.

I think that the assault squads would do much better if you bumped them up to 15 man, even with an apothecary, there is a good chance they'll get whittled down too much before they get into assault. I'd also drop the hand flamers and take a powerfist, artificer armour and melta bombs on the sergeants.

Are the marauders, librarian and reaver lord footslogging? I'd try and get a transport, you could drop a dreadnought and get them something, even if its just an anvillus pod (obviously you'd need to drop the marauders down to 8)

If I drop the two las cortus dreads I'll have enough points for a Mortis plus can bulk each assault squad up to 14. I have points left over so I can upgrade each to have combat shields so they will be even more durable in combat with feel no pain, T5 and a 5+ inv save. I am not bothering with melta bombs since the seargeants have Str 10 powerfist so they can easily deal with any vehicle in combat over a one hit melta bomb (also have points for artificer armour too) would the combat shields be worth it???

So with revisions there is this

HQ

Librarian 155pts

Mastery level 2 (santic powers) force sword and power axe, artificier armour, refractor field, melta bombs

Reaver Lord 195pts

Artificier Armour, master crafted power axe, melta bombs, rad grenades, Boarding Shield, Cyber Familiar

Elites

Mortis Contemptor 185pts

Twin Las

Cortus Dreadnought 160

Cortus Dreadnought 160

Apothecarion detachment 220pts

1 apothecary with artificier armour, power sword and augury scanner

2 apothecaries with jump pack, power sword and augury acanner

Troops

14 assault marines 294pts

Combat shields, seargeant with powerfist and arty armour

14 assault marines 294pts (will be 15 when joined by apothecary)

Combat shields, Seargeant with powerfist and art armour

14 mauraders 300pts

2 meltaguns, pariah bolters, chief with thunder hammer

Heavy Support

Deredero Dreadnought 275pts

plasma cannode, aiolos missile launcher, armoured cremite

7 heavy support marine 260pts

missile launchers with Flakk Missiles

As much as it may be a dumb idea I'll keep the mauraders (added a couple of guys) with apothecary, Reaver lordd and librarian foot slogging since I like large squad plus with the Chymeriae perks they will be quite survivable having T5 feel no pain (plus librarian could get lucky and get gate of infinity to deep strike around board) they would also be kept back letting the enemy come to them whilst the assault squads shoot forward

Since the only real long ranged firepower is the heavy squad and Mortis would that be enough especially since the rest of the army is more close range melta weapons since they want to get very close to whack the enemy. I could could drop the flak missiles since the Mortis will be better anti air and may have enough points for a land speeder or two for some more anti tank of that would be a good idea other wise I could use some spare points to give the assault squads more power weapons for extra kick in close combat (maybe some axes).

Archived