Painting Emperor's Children Marines.

BrightStarNova

I was considering build an Emperor's Children warband. Not 100% sure if I want to do that, but what are good paint schemes for them? Their dark and pink is good if done right but whenever I tried that that didn't make a good paint scheme in the pink areas.

What are some good paint schemes and advice for painting them?

I'm used to painting Red, White, Yellow, and Gold for Imperial Fists.

Mine are painted pink and gold and it looks good when finished.

For the pink I used screamer pink,wash nuln oil, pink horror, Emperor's children, then a highlight of kibler fleshon some edges.

I think it looks nice. I also did a commission job of bright gold over purple and it worked also.

That would look pretty nice I think, Instead of a wash though Why not grab some weathering powders? Tamiya's stuff is good, so is Forgeworlds. Or if you want to go the cheap route you can go pick up some pastels from a hobby shop and crush them up (last resort imo).

The powders are really easy to get the hang of, and easy to control and clean up when you make a mistake, you can just wipe them off with a finger or wet paper towel. You can really work out exactly what you want done with them. A wash however I feel like would detract from your paint scheme, and possibly make them look too nurgle-like if done incorrectly. Just my input. I do have tons of extra marines lying about, if I get time I may mock up a few color schemes in the vein of what I'm trying to explain.

I think that white and gold could look awesome if done right, however to make them look more "slaaneshi" I would paint some contrasting parts like eye lenses or cables in a very striking colour, maybe pink or purple if you're doing an Emperor's Children descendant warband, but other colours like light orange or or bluish green could also look the part (maybe mix them for a more psychedelic look?). However keep away from pure red, green, brown or dark blue, those colours are too frequently associated with the other gods.

Archived