Heavy Support:

Leviathan Dreadnought 320

-siege claw

-siege drill

-2 volkite calivers

-phosphex launchers

-armoured ceramite

Dreadnought Drop Pod 100

I'm still getting to grips with the new SW rules so might have this wrong - but don't you have to take grey slayers as compulsory troops?

I assume all the characters / wolves are in the dreadclaw?

I'd consider changing the Corvus to power claw/ chain fist, dual graviton gun combo - enhances the anti tank and close combat punch of the army.

I'm still getting to grips with the new SW rules so might have this wrong - but don't you have to take grey slayers as compulsory troops?

You would normally but Russ'rules state you may take Varagyr and Veterans as compulsory troops. Which seems to not override the grey slayers restriction word for word, but if they weren't meant to be taken in sure they would have put optional Troops over compulsory.

Yeah all of the characters join Russ in the Dreadclaw.

I considered that except I'd need to find an extra 40 points to do that. Which I guess I could get from dropping the veterans down to Grey Slayers but is that worth losing sniper on them for?

You would normally but Russ'rules state you may take Varagyr and Veterans as compulsory troops. Which seems to not override the grey slayers restriction word for word, but if they weren't meant to be taken in sure they would have put optional Troops over compulsory.

I considered that except I'd need to find an extra 40 points to do that. Which I guess I could get from dropping the veterans down to Grey Slayers but is that worth losing sniper on them for?

imo no. There's so many miscues and typos in inferno (and funnily enough, all the "beneficial" typos are in the Tsons section, like 1ppm power fists on sekhmet) that I certainly don't mind making some personal interpretations that make sense. Such as a frickin' primarch being able to take the troops he wants.

I've expanded the list to 3k by taking some allies and shifting some points around what do we think. The veteran squads both lose thier power fists, the centurion loses his boarding shield for a combat shield. The Contemptor Cortus drops the kheres but gains a chainfist and dual Grav guns, making the main list 1990 and the Allied Knights 1010.

Primary Detachment: Age of Darkness

Legion: Vlka Fenryka

LOW:

Leman Russ 455

-Warlord

-Orbital Assault

HQ:

Centurion 90

-artificer armour

-combat shield

-great frost blade

Priest of Fenris 125

-artificer armour

-great frost blade

The Wolf-kin of Russ 100

Elites:

Contemptor Cortus Dreadnought 175

-dreadnought close combat weapon

-dreadnought chain fist

-2 Grav guns

Dreadnought Drop Pod 100

Troops:

10 Veterans 170

-marksmen

-artificer armour

Drop Pod 35

10 Veterans 170

-marksmen

-artificer armour

Drop Pod 35

Fast Attack:

Dreadclaw Drop Pod 115

Heavy Support:

Leviathan Dreadnought 320

-siege claw

-siege drill

-2 volkite calivers

-phosphex launchers

-armoured ceramite

Dreadnought Drop Pod 100

Allied Detachment

Questerios Knights

HQ:

Lord Seneschal 495

-Knight Atrapos

-ocular augmenting

Troops:

Scion Martial 515

-Knight Porphyrion

-2 lascannons

That's is one nasty allied list!

I didn't realise the porphyrion was a troops choice! (Would have assumed it would be a heavy choice at least ...)

It's a brutal list; primarch Death Star in assault pod, leviathan in DDP, and IMO the 2 best knights - this is a brutal list!

The weak point I guess is objective based games but you have the killing power to destroy the opponents scoring units!!

That's is one nasty allied list!

I didn't realise the porphyrion was a troops choice! (Would have assumed it would be a heavy choice at least ...)

It's a brutal list; primarch Death Star in assault pod, leviathan in DDP, and IMO the 2 best knights - this is a brutal list!

The weak point I guess is objective based games but you have the killing power to destroy the opponents scoring units!!

Knights don't really have slots you pick a household rank for them and that's the slot. Though the Porphyrion isn't allowed to take some of them but they would be wonky on the Porphyrion anyways as they are fast attack combat ones.

I would drop the grav on the cortus and put him in a dreadclaw with extra armour.

Could you explain the reasoning as to why this would be a better choice?

Cortus is a mediocre shooting platform but a highly adaptable combat platform. For a lower point spend you can make it better at what it is already good at. Extra armour insulates it against results that would prevent it from moving, and assaulting. 

Grav needs to be fast, and cheap which mostly means Land Speeders. 

Archived