3000pts Sons of Horus - The Long March

Pirate Brushes

I've been tinkering around with a SOH list since I've been bit by the traitor bug (and got fed up of painting red after three marines).

+++ Sons of Horus (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v61) (2998pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v234) ++

+ Legion +

····Legiones Astartes [ XVI: Sons of Horus, Traitor]

····Rite of War [The Long March]

+ HQ +

····Maloghurst the Twisted

+ Elites +

····Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon
······Cortus Dreadnought [Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun]

····Justaerin Terminator Squad [Chainfist, 5x Combi-Weapon, 5x Justaerin Terminators, 2x Power Fist]
······Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Frag Assault Launchers]

+ Troops +

····Legion Terminator Squad [3x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, Plasma Blaster, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]
······Legion Terminator Sergeant [Chainfist, Combi-Weapon]

····Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]
······Additional Wargear [Legion Vexilla, 2x Plasma gun]
······Legion Veteran Sergeant [bolt Pistol, Chainsword/Combat Blade]
········Combi-weapon [Combi-weapon: Plasma gun]

····Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Machine Killers]
······Additional Wargear [Legion Vexilla, 2x Meltagun]
······Legion Veteran Sergeant [bolt Pistol, Power Fist]
········Combi-weapon [Combi-weapon: Meltagun]

····Reaver Attack Squad [5x Combi-weapon with Banestrike Shells, Jump Packs, 2x Plasma Gun, 3x Power Weapon, 14x Reavers]

+ Heavy Support +

····Legion Jetbike Sky Slayer Support Squadron [Melta Bombs, Multi-melta, 3x Space Marine Sky Slayers]

····Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron
······Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Destroyer, Lascannon Sponsons]
······Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Destroyer, Lascannon Sponsons, Machine Spirit]
······Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Destroyer, Lascannon Sponsons, Machine Spirit]

····Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer [Armoured Ceramite]

Originally the list was without the Jetbikes and instead had a Damocles and drop pod for the Cortus but I figured those 200pts could have been spent elsewhere. The issue I'm having is that I'm not really sure where to put Mal since most units are chilling with their transports without any space in them. I also feel like I'm short any AA (but from what I'm seeing in my local meta that shouldn't be that much of a drama).

Any advice would be appreciated from you vets.

Aye,

~Aximand

Hi there, fellow SoH player. Mal goes best in heavy support squad, you can have one and drop jetbikes i think. You have no AA I think, do you have heavy aircraft meta? If no, than ignore it. Other than that it have some shiny toys, good basis with 4 troops and 5 scoring units. You are right, only problem is Mal, you need to put him somewhere.

Archived