3000 Guard of The Crimson King

Purge the Daemon

I wanted to give the list a real hersey feel in terms of some of the weapon choices (volkite, Glaive, Venators, units unique to the heresey). This list being legal is dependent on whether a low counts as part of the same Detachment as the 1k sons or is a separate one as otherwise I exceed max vehicles.

Primary Detachment: Age of Darkness

Legion: The Thousand Sons

Lord of War:

Glaive Special Weapons Tank 650

-armoured ceramite

Headquarters:

Magnus the Red 495

-Warlord

-Guard of the Crimson King

Damocles Command Rhino 100

Elites:

10 Veterans 225

-corvidae

-marksmen

-mastery level 1

-asphyx shells

-artificer armour

-power axe

Rhino 35

10 Veterans 225

-corvidae

-marksmen

-mastery level 1

-asphyx shells

-artificer armour

-power axe

Rhino 35

Troops:

5 Sekhmet Terminators 255

-cataphracti

-raptora

-5 force axes

5 Sekhmet Terminators 255

-cataphracti

-raptora

-5 force axes

Heavy Support:

Sicaran Venator 190

Sicaran Venator 190

10 Heavy Support Squad 345

-corvidae

-10 volkite culverins

-artificer armour

dakka dakka...

should look decent on the tabletop, good use of the LOW swap. However I think by not having a LOW it allows you to not get the negative vps when it is killed, so magnus as a HQ and losing the super heavy tank could be useful at say 2500 points, oh and no aug scanner for the HS squad?

Geez, sounds like a very solid list. If you actually change the Glaive for a Mastodon though you'll effectively swap 650 points of the glaive plus 100 of the Damocles by 750 of the Mastodon with the command vox relay (but since you don't need to bring reserves anymore since you're not deep striking now, I'd leave it for the basic 700 and gain some good anti air) plus you'll get an assault transport for Magnus and BOTH units of the sekhmet AND the heavy support squad.

If you save the 50 points of the mastodon too, you can swap a venator for a Deredeo with Arachnus lascannon and then you're golden for AA between the Mastodon and the Deredeo.

Also and just for funsies, I would model one of the sekhmet unit in cataphractii and the other in tartaros to go with Magnus so you can still sweep and run and don't slow him down.

With these changes you'd have a hell of a list and a lot of nice, different units!

EDIT: Actually scratch that. Drop the tank, the Damocles and the HS squad, take a Mastodon, a Deredeo with Arachnus Lascannons and with the extra 150 points get a Cataphractii Praetor to join your Cataphractii Sekhmet and then you have two beatstick units for CC.

Actually scratch that. Drop the tank, the Damocles and the HS squad, take a Mastodon, a Deredeo with Arachnus Lascannons and with the extra 150 points get a Cataphractii Praetor to join your Cataphractii Sekhmet and then you have two beatstick units for CC.

This is great advice for if you are playing on Vassal.. not so much when real minis and money is involved smile.png

@OP: I like the list, especially the Damocles, but concerns I'd have are:

- Lacking Anti-Air

- Lacking bodies (Sekhmet aren't invincible - and 5-man might be a bit low, be wary of insta-death templates)

- Could get more warp charges with more units instead of the Glaive or a Venator (at 3k points two LoWs is a squeeze)

If you want to play competitively then you'll want anti air and to max out your psychic potential and a means to her your terminators close to your opponent quickly.

If it's for fun with friends then run with what you think is cool, will look good and be enjoyable to play.

If you find you're getting your ass handed to you every game then tweak as you go so that you can at least put up a fight. As that's not enjoyable for anyone. The best games I find are the ones that are closest. For example when you don't know who has won until you actually count out the VPs after the game.

Archived