Another 3000pts Crimson King List

Izzinatah

Looking for the usual advice on tweaks and so on! I know a few things could be better (the lone Vindicator, for example) and I'll probably get some Veterans in there sometime, but I'm looking to try out some new stuff (Fellblade, Leviathan, Thousand Sons) and to not pillage too much from my Ultramarines for now. I'm building around the 20 Scarab Occult Sekhmet and 10 Tartaros Terminators that I have.

The Praetor will go with the 6-man Sekhmet squad, the Master of the Signal with the Terminators. I'm tempted to make the Terminators into Corvidae, but I'll probably want to move and shoot with them most of the time, and 4++ is great. The MoS might also be better as a Librarian, but access to the orbital bombardment is nice. The Damocles is there in case I decide to Deep Strike, but I can see myself deploying normally as well, or perhaps a mixture. The Vindicator is there because I couldn't fit my Venator in, and the Demolisher cannon is more versatile anyway.

I know I lack Anti-Air, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem in my meta. I could get a Xiphon in there with some tweaking, though.

RoW: Crimson King

Warp Charges: 11

Praetor
Raptorae
Mastery Level 3
Paragon Blade
Iron Halo
Arcane Litanies
235pts

Master of Signal
Mastery Level 1
Corvidae
Artificer Armour
Refractor Field
Arcane Litanies
145pts

Damocles Command Rhino

Sekhmet (Tartaros) x7
Raptorae
5 Force Axes
2 Chainfists

Sekhmet (Tartaros) x7
Raptorae
5 Force Axes
2 Chainfists

Sekhmet (Tartaros) x6
Raptorae
4 Force Axes
2 Chainfists
1010pts (for all three squads)

Legion Terminator Squad (Tartaros) x10
Raptorae
2 Chainfists
7 Powerfists
1 Power Sword
Asphyx Rounds
Brotherhood of Psykers Level 1
2 Reaper Autocannons
455pts

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought
Storm Cannon/Siege Claw
Volkite Calivers
Phosphex Discharger
Armoured Ceramite
325pts

Legion Vindicator
Dozer Blade
Extra Armour
130pts

Legion Fellblade
Command Tank
Space Marine Crew
Armoured Ceramite
590pts

My Ultramarines have a Venator to deal with the one Typhon in the meta, but using it felt mean and I don't see myself facing it any time soon. I think I'll invest in a couple of Laser Vindicators, though, after a couple of games. I've seen how great the Mechanicum variants are and the models are really nice.

As for the MoS/Damocles - I don't understand. Go from two orbital bombardments to just one? Does not compute :P That said, I get what you mean - I could probably run him as a Biomancy or Divination Librarian instead, the extra Level would help fish for the better spells.

Playtesting is the plan, though :) Thanks!

Keep the master of signals and make him psychic for lols. You're unlikely to face a typhon for a while. Just a kharybdis and leviathan, scary girls (biggrin.png ) and mechanised salamanders so vindicate on!

All of those armies will be coming to you as well....

Keep the master of signals and make him psychic for lols. You're unlikely to face a typhon for a while. Just a kharybdis and leviathan, scary girls (biggrin.png ) and mechanised salamanders so vindicate on!

All of those armies will be coming to you as well....

He's ML1 already. Yeah, probably no Typhon for a while, which is nice - I had forgotten the Kharybdis, though. It's just a fancy drop pod though, right? ;)

As for the Leviathan, I can just goad it into a mano-a-mano with my own, and for the Sisters... not sure. Take an ibuprofen for the anti-psyker headache and fire combi-bolters furiously, I guess.

I ALWAYS take PotMS (3ok version) on Vindicators. Move 12 and shoot 24.

That sounds like a good idea, thanks for pointing that out!

Archived