Homebrew WIP Combat Doctrine Help

Hello everyone, I'm new to Bolter and Chainsword but figured I'd pop in here and ask for some help revolving around my Homebrew Space Marine Chapter and it's combat doctrine.

Anyway, my Chapter is called the Indomitable Boars and they're not the best equipped nor very glory/heroics inclined.. A solid century of brutal conflicts have literately rendered a vast majority of their land vehicle either obsolete or destroyed. That said, the Chapter has resorted to fighting in tangent with the Imperial Guard in larger scale conflicts. Because of their sheer religious zealotry I was kinda thinking the Astarte's fighting beside the Guards would be akin to a priestly figure, as well... But that's for later.

The idea I had in mind is given the rather grave circumstances, both Guard and Astarte's would work in unison using what tools they possess to compliment one another. For instance, the Battle Barge and several other space faring ships. You know, different things.

But yes, any idea's on how this partnership could work would be greatly appreciated. I've been mulling it around in my head and it's driving me bonkers!

One upside to all this is their Chapter Homeworld. New Boars can be recruited in larger stock since the populace are physically more suited to accept the gene-seed process. However, take into consideration the mortality rate, and they barely maintain a solid 600 - 800 active Marines... The 41rst millennium is not a kind one.

I'm hoping those numbers might help inspire an idea or two.

The reason why they have to work in cohesion with Guardsmen forces:

For centuries the Eden Sector- some two hundred worlds- have been subjected to infighting, traitor marine invasions, and corsair attacks. After a Warp Storm blocked out the Astronomicon, another chapter went rogue and later was absorbed into an Iron Warriors Warband. Word Bearers have capitalized on the havoc stating the Emperor has abandoned them... And then you got dicks who attempted to forge their own empires. Even though the Warp Storms have since cleared the situation has spiraled so out of control that it would take a fairly large crusade force and a good dozen chapters to measure up to the predators and tyrants in Eden... So any surviving Imperials have been left there. The Boars can't leave cause of their oaths and other factions genuinely believe they can retake the sector.

Anyway, after all that is said and done the next century hasn't been very good to the Imperium. The Astarte's have no vehicle support besides a few carefully tended to Rhino's, eight Thunder Hawks, and scarce few other transport devices. Hell, they haven't had Terminator armor in ages. So yes, you can see why it's come to this point given the reasoning here.

I hope to brain storm some idea's with you fine chaps and read your glorious idea's!

Archived