Dante by Guy Haley

I for one am happy to have not one, but two reliable sources for dante having white hair now. Admittedly his description suggests that:

1) he doesn't take the mask off in front of people generally

2) his face is also older than any previous description.

Very much enjoyed this book, I do hope we get more insight into the world's of baal before Mr Haley destroys them lol.

Did the BL site update or did it stay the same? Maybe they shipped it but didn't update it (so it still says that it's waiting to be packed)

Yeah black library still said acknowledged, but it had shipping on the 3rd. I suggest you email them or give them a call!

I just finished this and was thoroughly satisfied with it. I'm so glad to get a really good Blood Angels story, finally! Very nervous for the fight for Baal though.

Edit: Although a few hours after finishing it I'm now certain it's all a ploy to get me to buy the Dante model. Can't...resist... 

Edited by Gaweda

• 6 months later...

I'm really late to the party...but boy is this good

Me too =)

I got the audiobook a few weeks back now. I have listened to it twice straight thru with also a few more repeats of great scenes / sections etc.

Very Enjoyable and Highly Recommended for any BA fan.

I mostly get the audiobooks for BL stuff and find them to be of excellent quality.

If you have thought about getting this one, DO IT !!

Looking forward to the Devastation of Baal book.

I usually don't listen to/watch/read things more than once unless it was really enjoyable and even then usually not before 2 years or so went because starting to read/watch something I already read/watched once makes me remember most of it instantly so it's pretty boring.

However the scene where Sanguinor speaks to Dante I actually had to read thrice. So good. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer

Out of curiosity what does Dante’s voice sound like?

Hidden Content

The voices in BL audiobooks/dramas are well done, but tend to be balanced “internally.” I.e. I just finished Praetorian of Dorn and Alpharius has an almost cartoonish delivery to his lines. It’s technically well done and they need to make characters’ voices distinct from one another, so I get that. It’s just that Alpharius sounded completely unlike what any Primarchs would actually sound like, IMO.

...anywheres, where I am going with this is that I have actually found Sanguinius’ voice quite well done in Virtues of the Son, Sins of the Father, and Herald of Sanguinius. It’s realistic in the sense that it’s relatively deep and commanding, whereas it would be easy to make him less ...baritone...in order to distinguish between Primarchs more easily.

...so I am curious how Dante’s actual voice sounds.

Edited by Indefragable

http://www.blacklibrary.com/new-titles/audio/dante-mp3.html

There is a "free extracts" preview part way down the page on the right side.

Hmm...I don't think I like this. Dantes voice doesn't sound fitting to me and overall I don't really like the guy tone of voice who's reading the book in the first place. Glad I'm reading instead of listening to it. ^^