Fallen Angels

Fallen Avenger

But there are combat shields shown in the Fallen set and that is not an option for Chaos Chosen. That's on the photoshop square. So I lean towards DA Vets rules.

We also see two plasma pistols and a bolt pistol and a 40k Plasmagun so clearly the weapons sprue comes with that set.

But there are combat shields shown in the Fallen set and that is not an option for Chaos Chosen.

There are no shields in the Champions of the Fallen picture. The reason there are shields in the Fallen kit is because it is just the DA vets kit photoshopped black.

Right I was editing, but since they are selling the photoshop squad then they likely are allowing those choices, either purely DA Vets or new rules.

We see 15 guys with 3 special weapons and a heavy in the pic which is legal using DA Vet rules if they are two squads 5 and 10 or three 5 man squads. Chaos Chosen are not 5-20 as I recall so I see nothing pointing to them being chosen compared to Dark Angels Vets rules.

You also have to bear in mind that the MKIV sprue is mixed in there. So basically the set will be- The DA vets sprue and the MKIV marine sprue. This does not mean they will have DA rules, it just means that GW are too cheap to make an actual Fallen sprue. The vets sprue also has Deathwing Terminator stuff on it, but I doubt the Fallen will have access to TDA.

I'm just saying that having a model with a combat shield on one of the two boxes implies that the squad will have access to them. DA Vets do, Chosen do not. Chosen can have 4 special weapons, 3 are shown on the larger kit being used. 15 marines imply 2-3 squads. Nothing points to chosen.

Deathwing parts don't matter, no one thinks that DA Vets use those parts themselves, I hope.

I'm just saying that having a model with a combat shield on one of the two boxes implies that the squad will have access to them. DA Vets do, Chosen do not. Chosen can have 4 special weapons, 3 are shown on the larger kit being used. 15 marines imply 2-3 squads. Nothing points to chosen.

Deathwing parts don't matter, no one thinks that DA Vets use those parts themselves, I hope.

Let's just wait and see. On the Forge the Narrative pod cast, they said that the Fallen and Cypher are literally just cut and paste from the Cypher dataslate, and from the picture and description of what is in the Champions of the Gallen box set on GW, it would suggest Chosen. Let's face it the only difference is that DAs can take combat/storm shields and Grav Weapons.

I've been looking over their markings and robe colors. Some have white Dark Angel chapter markings while others have red. Also, some have red robes while others white and checkerboards spread throughout . I wonder if these are markings according to the current fluff or just somebody adding color to the squad?  

It is being colorful, but easily explained... the fallen are somewhat of a shattered legion force. They hail from many different chapters, companies and squads. Hence unit insignia is very inconsistent.

That's my take anyways.

I saw the leaked pic... they are just chaos chosen with Veterans of the Long War upgrade (so that is 20 points per model) and without Champion of Chaos and Mark of Chaos spacial rules. Same as before and no 5 points PF anymore...

That sucks... looks like I'll be houseruling them then...

I've been looking over their markings and robe colors. Some have white Dark Angel chapter markings while others have red. Also, some have red robes while others white and checkerboards spread throughout . I wonder if these are markings according to the current fluff or just somebody adding color to the squad?  

They look pretty much identical to Forge World DA pictures from new HH book, though. They have red markings and different robes too.

I can't help but feel that GWs take on the fallen kit bash is just lazy. I have seen far better takes on what 30k dark angels might look like kit bashed on this site. They could at least have used the forge world shoulder pads with the 30k symbol.

I'm going to give all my Fallen a name and the Force itself a back ground.

I'm thinking a full mercinary force, some still loyal, but most are basically Blackshields, casting off all allegiances except to each other. But they have all chosen to side with Guilliman, for the time being.

Or

I can go with an idea I've just had.

Black Legion (Traitor Legions) CAD

'The Blackwing' (Fallen DA Termies)

1x Librarian (Sorceror) in TDA w/ Force Axe, Powerfist, Spell Familiar

1x Contemptor Dreadnought w/ Plasma Cannon, extra armour and Carapace havoc launcher

2x Terminator squads w/ power sword, power fist, chain fist and 2x lightning claws.

Cypher

3x Fallen squads

That should, if I've figured it right, work out at 2000pts.

But there are combat shields shown in the Fallen set and that is not an option for Chaos Chosen. That's on the photoshop square. So I lean towards DA Vets rules.

Thousand Sons exalted sorcerors come with 3 force khopeshes and no way of taking them in the rules.

Box content means nothing in the realm of rushed rules writing!

Archived