VIth Legion Pale Hunters 3k : Filling Gaps

Lord Blackwood

Been tinkering with the Pale hunters list  and reaching a lot of sub optimal conclusions , but I  do like the IDEA of this rite of war so I am going to keep trying to sort a way that I would actually play it. 

This is the list I  pulled together  and keep prodding at.  

I am mostly targeting something like this cause I have a lot of what I need to make it a reality. 

Probably could do with a bit of trimming here and there to get some more gear onto the vets  

+++ The Palest Hunters (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v66) (3001pts) +++

++ Allied Detachment (Questoris Knight Crusade Army v31) (900pts) ++

+ Troops (415pts) +

Scion Martial (415pts)
Cerastus Knight-Acheron [Household Rank, Super Heavy Walker]

+ HQ (485pts) +

Seneschal (485pts)
Cerastus Knight-Atrapos [Household Rank, Lascutter, Singularity Cannon, Super Heavy Walker]

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v252) (2101pts) ++

+ HQ (250pts) +

The Wolf-kin of Russ (100pts) [Freki the Swift, Geri the Cunning, Tooth & Claw]

Legion Praetor (135pts) [Artificer Armour, Legiones Astartes, Master of the Legion, Paragon Blade, Refractor Field]

Priest of Fenris (115pts) [Legiones Astartes]
Additional Wargear [Artificer Armour]
Speaker of the Dead [Garm-blood vial, Healing Balms, Power Maul]
Standard Wargear [bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades, Refractor Field]

+ Troops (601pts) +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (193pts) [Additional Wargear, 8x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legiones Astartes, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Twin-Linked Bolter]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade]
Standard Wargear [bolt Pistols, Bolters, Chainswords/Combat Blades, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (193pts) [Additional Wargear, 8x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legiones Astartes, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword/Combat Blade]
Standard Wargear [bolt Pistols, Bolters, Chainswords/Combat Blades, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (215pts) [Additional Wargear, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legiones Astartes, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen]
Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter]
Power Weapon [Power Sword]

+ Fast Attack (185pts) +

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (185pts) [battle Servitor Control, Kraken Penetrator Heavy missile, Legiones Astartes, Twin-Linked Lascannon]

+ Heavy Support (375pts) +

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (375pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Legiones Astartes, Quad Lascannon Sponsons, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter]

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [   VI: Space Wolves, Loyalist]

Rite of War [The Pale Hunters]

+ Lords of War (590pts) +

Leman Russ (590pts) [Frag & Krak Grenades, Primarch]
Legion Terminator Command Squad [Chainfist, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Legion Standard Bearer, Legiones Astartes, 4x Power Fist]
Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon [Terminator Armour]

I think it looks like a tough list which should be interesting to play with/ against!

I certainly wouldn't want to face it!

I perhaps consider removing the lightning - unless you find the points for 4 missiles I see it only damaging its main target and then being shot down. All or nothing is the way forward IMO.

That would give you the points for those upgrades you were after.

I'm genuinely afraid to take the lightning out since it's my only anti air at the moment @ n @

A lightning with Kraken penetrators isn't really anti air since you'll be spending the only turn you probably will get killing a vehicle.

Otherwise if you are alive you are left with a single lascannon shot which isn't to great.

A lightning unless armed with autocannons (but why would you) isn't really geared for anti air it's purpose is tank hunting.

Anti-air in heresy is largely overrated. Its very difficult to stop a Lightning from doing what its meant to do, and I think that is probably a good thing over all.

Anti air is good if it has Interceptor. But a lot of anti air is reactionary so it just won't stop the Lightning from dropping the load.

Archived