Thoughts on my army fluff?

Marshal Arthur

So I've considered taking hold of the current lore and our chapter's adherence to the Imperial Creed and would like any feedback on my background. I'd like to make an Ecclesiarchy army, with my Templars at their forefront. It would be a Castellans of the Imperium detachment, and outside of my Templars it would include ministorum priests, tempestus scions (trained in the schola progenium and often employed by Ecclesiarchy agents), sisters of battle, crusaders, and inquisi... sorry, I mean Cardinal Coteaz (I won't use his foul sorcery, he's just there to give my guys obsec). Lore wise my Templars have an Arthurian theme and form the Avalon crusade. My tempestus scions wear green armor so I think my Ecclesiarchy forces will be from a unique diocese known as the Order of the Green Garter (further reflecting the Arthurian theme). I may even add a Celestine as the Lady of the Lake and call Coteaz Cardinal Merlin instead (or maybe Bershilack). As any good crusade does they're constantly on the move, serving as the vanguard to a larger Imperial relief force, slaying xenos and heretics while spreading the Imperial Creed and setting up Ecclesiarchy strongholds/Templar keeps. If I include Celestine she could be another Living Saint, binding my crusade in her service alongside the Ecclesiarchy agents. Gameplay wise I'd use several cc crusader squads in LRCs (with priests) to rush the enemy while scions grav chute in near objectives and the sisters provide close fire support. My crusaders will do as they're trained and be the cardinals honor guard, mostly sitting idle in the back field. I don't care much about being competitive but do you think the fluff holds up? Is it believable that a Black Templar crusade would serve as a part of the Ecclesiarchy?

In current fluff, apparently so.

I personally can't rationalize it because I "grew up" in the hobby when templars where strictly atheist (tho reading some of it now I see how the old fluff was skimmed and became religious)

While technically the ecclesiarchy is forbidden from maintaining men under arms, imperial crusades are launched all the time that draw professional military units to support ecclesiarchy actions, so in that sense it hods up fine. many crusades last centuries.

Command Squad on a Bike with your Bike Marshal with his legendary Sword... add lances too...

The models will consist of Knights acting as if they had horses, while behind them are Neophytes holding Coconut shells and their riff-raffs ;)

But seems like a legit fluff... you could use the scions as Chapter Serfs, or maybe even an Inquisitorial Regiment that follows the Templar Holy Crusade... seeing that the ecclesiarchy does not allow an army of men to bear arms :p

Archived