Viking Onslaught (3k SW list)

Jackalwolf

So just tried writing a list around the models I actually have.

The Rout (3000)

Vlka Fenryka

Bjorn Ironside (Hvarl Red-Blade) 210

Floki (Speaker of the Dead): Artificer armour; Great Frost blade 125

2 Fenrisian Wolves 20

The Wolf-kin of Russ 100

Hunters of Kattegat (10 Veteran Space Marines): Veteran Sergeant (Artificer armour; Power weapon); Warrior's Mettle; 9 Veteran Space Marines; 5 × Power weapon 230

Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier: Dozer blade; Pintle-mounted multi-melta 55

Raiders of Hedeby (10 Veteran Space Marines): Veteran Sergeant (Artificer armour; Combi-weapon; Power weapon); Machine Killers; 9 Veteran Space Marines; 6 × Combi-weapon; 2 × Missile launcher and suspensor web; Power weapon 310

Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier: Dozer blade; Pintle-mounted multi-melta 55

Kingslayers (5 Varagyr Terminators): 5 × Second Frost blade (axe, claw or sword); 4 × Power fist; Chainfist 300

15 Grey Slayers: Huscarl (Artificer armour; Bolt pistol; Frost weapon; Combat shield; Melta bombs); 14 Grey Slayers; 5 × Power weapon; 5 × Bolter; 4 × Combat shield; Frag and krak grenades 255

Gungnir (Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought): Two twin-linked lascannons 185

Leman Russ 455

Legion Mastodon Heavy Assault Transport 700

Despite running Onslaught, I still have Scout in all my army, counter attack and all our other special rules so it does feel like I still have the bonuses of a RoW in there. I could also get +1 to reserves with 25 extra points if you think the trade is worth it.

Only thing I need to purchase for this list is 2x rhino and the grey slayers and the Contemptor whenever they're released.

Idea is all is in the Mastodon except by the Mortis and the two vet squads on rhinos, which can either deploy in the table behind the Low (and with my 12' scout I can make sure the Mastodon books line of sight to the rhinos and the mortis) or they outflank and, particularly the Hedeby unit with 7x combi plasma and 2x missile launchers with machine killers can take anything out of the board the turn they outflank.

Plus I only repeat one unit while including all of the FW models specific for our Legion that will be released.

What are your thoughts, command Vox relay in exchange for the Mastodon battery? Different squad loadout?

Archived