Sons Of Horus 8th Company ( The Harbingers Own)

Taurulf

Hi Guys

I posted this in the Age of Darkness sub, But figured it would prob be just as at home here.

I have been working on my new sons of Horus and have worked up some background.

Sons of Horus 8th Company- The Harbingers Own.

Company Flagship- Strike Cruiser Harvester of Sorrow

High Chieftan (Captain) - Thamuz Allocen-Terran (known as the Harbinger)

Company War Council

Jaeger-(Company Champion)- Geryon Pollyon - Cthonian

Warchief (Vet Sgnt) - Veren Abigor- Terran

Warchief - Forcas Kokabiel- Cthonian

Warchief - Nergal Eurymane- Cthonian

One of the last Terran recruits inducted into the legion, Thamuz Allocen immersed himself in the ways of cthonia Some thought the terran tried a little to hard to fit in, Mocking as he shaved his hair to form a Mohawk and scoffing when he inked gang symbols and cthonian script to his scalp. However those fought alongside him unleashed in war could hardly doubt the heart of cthonia burned hot within him.

Rising through the ranks along side Falkus Kibre the two formed a bond of brother hood forge in the fires of the great crusade. But when offered along with Kibre promotion to the elite justarian , Allocen instead choose to remain oart of the 8th company eventually rising to captain and moulding the 8th to his will. leading the 8th to victory after victory his name was soon etched into the walls of the vengeful spirit alongside names such as Targost, Sedire, Torgaddon & Aximand it would have been easy to think the difference in position the two friends now held would have driven a wedge between Allocen & Kibre but the two remained close with the 8th fighting alongside the 1st company on the rare occasion Abaddon accepted his first company need support.

Allocen drove his men hard determind to embody the speartip that horus so favoured. The 8th company aboard their strike cruiser Harvester of Sorrow would often be found ranging ahead of the 63rd Expeditionary fleet following the scout ships and making first contact with lost human colonies or falling from the sky to bring death and destruction amongst the xeno. It was this that earned Allocen his nickname with Horus remarking he was his harbinger of imperial truth. The name stuck and the 8th became known as the harbingers own.

gallery_72599_12973_417001.jpg

gallery_72599_12973_1026405.jpg

gallery_72599_12973_300761.jpg Forcas Kakabiel

gallery_72599_12973_727470.jpg Nergal Eurymane & Veteran Squad

gallery_72599_12973_222826.jpg

gallery_72599_12973_208766.jpg War Chief- Veren Abigor

gallery_72599_12973_969250.jpgThamuz Allocen- The Harbinger

I am Thamuz Allocen, Born of Terra, I have followed the footsteps of legends, I have shed blood under a thousand nameless suns, basked in the glory of conquest and choked on the

ash of defeat. With the blood of heroes we have conquered the galaxy, and yet I stand

shamed before you, for I was blind to the truth, Blind to the lie that corrupts us all.

That Lie is no more, today we stride out to right the wrongs of a tyrant. A tyrant who

covets the stars, death to the false Emperor, Glory to THE WARMASTER

Thamuz Allocen addressing the men of the 8th company before assaulting loyalist positions on Istvaan III.

So Last nights debut went well, SOH with IF allies vs Guard,Greyknights and sisters of silence.

My leviathan turn 2 took out 5 of 7 grey knight paladins with shooting attacks then crushed the remaining two when they charged him in combat.

he then proceeded turn 3 to pop a Leman russ punisher with commander pask with his cyclonic Melta Lance, before

charging the 2nd leman Russ and shreding it with his siege drill. he then spent turns 4-5 in the backfield slaughtering guard infantry.

My Vindicator destroyer popped the 3rd leman russ from the above squadron turn 2 by overloading the reactor for 3 twin linked ordinance shots.

turn 3 he turned a chimera full of silent sisters to molten slag before being unceremoniously blown up by an incoming vendetta gunship.

My vet Tac squad spent the whole game holding a mid table objective with only sporadic shots to support my 2 IF contemptors who were holding my left flank. overall a fine first outing for the advanced elements of my SOH 8th company.

Hopefully get some painting done over the weekend and I will have some more updates next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking Good Taurulf! Really like the positioning of the Dread!!!  By the sounds of your battle report a Leviathan is well worth the cost/points spent LOL!!!!

I'm interested in your recipe for the SOH green.  You mentioned in the Sons of Horus green?  discussion that you: 

use Black Primer then Vallejo USMC tank crew

Then wash with corelia green shade.

How many coats of Tank crew and Corelia do you apply?  I've been wanting to work on SOH's for a while now, but can't seem to get to the right colour I'm looking for, but yours looks pretty damn close :P.  

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lev

Always good to see more of the XVI to gain ideas for my own. Digging that Leviathan.

Just a suggestion, have you tried weathering the decals? The rest of the models are weathered and it looks a little odd, especially the circular eye on the vindicator.

Looking Good Taurulf! Really like the positioning of the Dread!!! By the sounds of your battle report a Leviathan is well worth the cost/points spent LOL!!!!

I'm interested in your recipe for the SOH green. You mentioned in the Sons of Horus green? discussion that you:

use Black Primer then Vallejo USMC tank crew

Then wash with corelia green shade.

How many coats of Tank crew and Corelia do you apply? I've been wanting to work on SOH's for a while now, but can't seem to get to the right colour I'm looking for, but yours looks pretty damn close tongue.png.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lev

Thanks Lev

Yeah I cant recommend a leviathan enough, I was pleasantly surprised with the performance. cant wait to get him back on the table.

I use one coat of Tank crew airbrushed over the black primer.

then 1-2 coats of Corelia Green Shade, I have found 1 coat first with quite a lot of water on the brush trying to keep it as even a coverage as possible. . sometimes a light second coat is needed but you can judge the colour for yourself once the first coat has dried. as easy as that my friend.

Be interested top hear how you get on. yes.gif

Always good to see more of the XVI to gain ideas for my own. Digging that Leviathan.

Just a suggestion, have you tried weathering the decals? The rest of the models are weathered and it looks a little odd, especially the circular eye on the vindicator.

Thanks Ion, this leviathan is fast becoming my pride and joy. I haven't tried washing the decals, that is a good point. something about that eye on the vindicator has been bothering me, you might have hit the nail on the head there. il have a wee look with some nuln oil see how I get one.

Archived