Bangels 2500 point day of revelation

Bythehololight

So this list will be for my first tournament.

There are roughly 10+ contestants, each person has 3 games each which are set up randomly, so traitor could play against traitor etc.

Most contestants are fielding Primarch so I will almost surely be playing against a Primarch.

I'm in two minds about the leviathan with drop pod, considering using it as a fire magnet and foot slogging it. Or binning it completely.

The other 2 squads I would like to take but can't due to points are a 10 man heavy weapon squad with volkite culverins. And/or a vet tac squad with rhino, possible power weapon heavy, give them additional weapon skill and get them into combat asap.

Any advice on my list would be greatly appreciated :)

Legion praetor

Jump pack

Digital lasers

Inferno pistol

Paragon blade

(175)

Consul

Jump pack

Artificer armour

Inferno pistol

Blade of perdition

Chaplain

(150)

Legion destroyer squad

Jumpacks

Melta bombs

Rad missile launcher

Phosphex bombs x3

(305)

2 Apothecaries

Jump pack

Artificer

Power sword

(160)

Graviton Legion rapier battery x 3 (225)

Assault squad

8 extra

3 power weapons

Sgt Artificer armour

Sgt Power weapon

Sgt melta bomb

(334)

Assault squad Same as above

(334)

Javelin attack speeder squad

Twin linked lascannon

2 with Assault cannon

(205)

Sicaran battle tank

Ceramite

(185)

Leviathan

Ceramite

Arm cannon (undecided on melta lance or grav-flux bombard)

Phosphex discharger

Dreadnought drop pod

(425)

Total 2498

Alternative list. Basically dropped a few units from most squads and binned the destroyers and dreadnought drop pod....

Legion praetor

Jump pack

Digital lasers

Paragon blade

(160)

Consul

Jump pack

Artificer armour

Blade of perdition

Chaplain

(135)

2 Apothecarion

Jump pack

Artificer

Power sword

(160)

Graviton Legion rapier battery x 2 (150)

Assault squad

5 extra

3 power weapons

Sgt Artificer armour

Sgt Power weapon

Sgt melta bomb

(295)

Assault squad Same as above

(295)

Javelin attack speeder squad

Twin linked lascannon

(130)

Sicaran battle tank

Ceramite

(185)

Leviathan

Ceramite

Arm cannon

(310)

Vet tac squad 100

3 extra

Artificer armour

4 combi weapon

2 plasma guns

(216)

Storm eagle 265

5 heavy culverin with a scanner 190

Overall list looks alright, but I think there's a few things you can do to improve your list. 

First off, put the DDP back in for your leviathan, it's incredibly good in DoR since your leviathan gets a +3 cover save on the turn it arrives thanks to shrouded, which is conferable to your assault marines if enemy units draw line of sight over your DDP. Also what do you mean by the "arm cannon" upgrade? There's three ranged weapons for the leviathan, none of which are called an arm cannon..I'd recommend taking a melta lance for anti tank, or graviton bombard for anti infantry. 

Small thing, preator must have an iron halo. It could easily mean the difference between life and death if he ever gets hit by a s8 attack or anything with ID. 

Also the veteran squad looks illegal to me. An 8 man unit can't have 2 plasma guns, needs to be full ten man for that. I also don't really see what they add to the list considering they are coming onto the board in a storm eagle, which means they are not doing anything till turn 3. Far more useful to drop the storm eagle and take a lightning with kraken missiles instead if you want a solid flier for anti tank duties. If you have pts left over after that you could always take a second sicaran, can't go wrong with a bunch of those.  

Awesome thanks for the advice.

By arm cannon I mean either melta lance or grav flux bombard, I am undecided. Ok so DDP is a must.

I want sure the iron halo was worth the points with the artificer armour already bought, but I will take that on board.

I was hoping to go tank hunting with the storm eagle after dropping off a vet squad or terminator squad. Maybe I will leave that at home for now.

Yes you are right about the vet squad being illegal, or was a 10 man originally and after taking men out to shave points I forgot to take the plasma gun out.

I'll look at possibly putting the vet squad in a rhino.

My plan was to have the heavy weapons team with the volkite culverin and a augury scanner on the board with the sicarian and graviton rapier, to try and stop potential deep strikers getting in close too soon.

While the rest of my force deep strikes in the opposite end of the table.

Archived